ovarian mass

Posted , 11 users are following.

just been informed after my CT scan yesterday that I have a mass on my ovaries measuring 26cm, my CA125 was 233, petrified sad

3 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I know how you feel! But try not to worry.my first surgery for my last cyst I had raised ca125, it can be raised for other non concerning reasons. Wow that is a large mass! I thought my latest was at 13cm...I am waiting for another surgery...full laparotomy again 😔 your CT should indicate the type of mass it is also..I had to have mri and CT ad this mass has vascularity which really worried me but the scans have indicated another cyst...

• Posted

Hi, I've recently been diagnosed with a 12.2cm Dermoid Ovarian Cyst on 23rd Feb. I was admitted for 2 nights for ultrasound scans and CA125 blood tests. Some bloods came back normal but I was discharged before the rest were back. Was given a note saying they were requesting an urgent MRI scan then an Urgent follow up with my ob gynecologist to discuss MRI results and to plan surgery. I had my MRI scan on 17th March but was told both my consultants were on holiday so it will take up to 6 weeks before I hear from them!! This is supposed to Urgent!! Seems a bit long to me and my GP who's worried about me. I'm 50 and I get a lot of severe pain. Coping by taking Zapain painkillers but they just take the edge off. Wason Morphine in hospital. Has anyone else had to wait 6 weeks for an Urgent follow up appointment? Just want this thing out and to start feeling human again.

• Posted

Thinking of you Gina and praying everything turns out OK for you. I'm waiting to see whats going on with a cyst too and it's so stressful.

• Posted

Thank you rosielou, got an appt with gyno on 6th April......it is stressful hun, just wish they would hurry up and take it out x
  • Posted

Hi Gina, I wanted to let u know.  I had surgery on Wed. A laparoscopy full hysterectomy. I am home.  Doing well.  Thank God...no cancer. Thankyou for words of encouragement.  Prayers to you.  
    • Posted

thank you for updating me, you take it easy and rest, wonderful news!! xx

• Posted

I have surgery on Friday - I'm very nervous!

I have a 14cm "very complex" cyst on my left ovary 3 3cm cysts on my right ovary and my CA125 was almost 1000!

I had urgent CT and MRI scans and if it is cancer my surrounding organs and lymph nodes "look clear" but until they have removed everything we won't know for sure.

On Friday I am having my left ovary and cyst removed, both Fallopian tubes, they are removing the cysts from my right ovary and taking biopsy's from inside my womb. I am also having a "peritoneal washings" to check for cancer cells.

I wanted them to take everything but as I'm late 30's they have refused. They said if the tests after the op show cancer they will go back in and take my right ovary and womb. They won't to do it yet and send me into menopause if it's not cancer.

I am in a lot of pain from my cyst, I can't sleep on my left side, I'm very bloated (I look 6 months pregnant) it hurts to bend over, I need to pee all the time, I get full very quick and can't eat much at all. As much as I want to get this thing out of me I am very nervous about Friday.

• Posted

I will be thinking of you on Friday Nelly, sending prayers, let me know how you get on x
    • Posted

My operation is all done. It was more complex than first thought and a 90 minute op ended up being 3 hours long.

The big cyst was not on my ovary, it was on my Fallopian tube, the oncologist was in theatre with my gynaecologist and he said it needs sending for pathology but it "looked ok" They have therefore removed both my tubes but left both ovaries.

The reason the op was so complex though was I have stage 4 Endometriosis- apparently my consultant had to do a lot of adhesion removal as my tubes, ovaries and womb were stuck to my bowel, bladder and each other

I have to recover from this op and then tackle the severe endo that I didn't know I had until yesterday!!

• Posted

I'm waiting for the pathology results and I feel like I'm on hold until I get them.

He said 10 days, 10 days was up 3 days ago, if it's 10 working days that's tomorrow but it's bank holiday

I just want to know

• Posted

I phoned my consultants secretary. She said the results were in but couldn't tell me anything - don't know if it's more worrying or less?! Back to being in limbo until after the bank holiday

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.