ovarian Mass/ cyst

Posted , 4 users are following.

My mom age is 60. According to the Ultrasound result the lobulated pelvic mass is seen 6.9 cm in dimention and her CA-125 value is 47. Now she is admit in the hospital. 

What You suggest if the doctors make the surgery of the pelvic mass so She recover from cancer?

Your kind suggestion and opinion will be appreciated

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it may not be cancer. I had a 7mm cyst removed last year, it was not malignant just fluid and are apparently very common. I was 72 at the time so asked to have the cyst and ovaries/tubes removes as I don't need them at my age! Histology was fine. Your Mother is best have it removed so no further need to worry about it in the future. Best wishes, Poll UK smile

• Posted

Hello! I'm having my 11cm simple cyst removed with both ovaries what is surgery like Iv never been into hospital before x

• Posted

My surgery went well. I had a laparoscopic op to remove cyst and ovaries. Recovery was fairly quick but I'm retired so can rest up, this is necessary after surgery so your wounds can heal, inside and out. Inside takes longer so if you start feeling pain or very tired you need to rest more until you feel back to your normal self. Don't worry, everything will be fine, they do so many of this type of surgery. Keep posting so we know how you got on. x smile

• Posted

I'm very happy to hear that your surgery was a success at my age I was fearful of surgery I am 65 years old and have 2 ovarian cyst on my right ovary which they say is a mass together measures 10 cm and a small ovarian cyst on my left ovary 3 - 4 cm also I was told that I've had a fibroid on my uterus since 2010 which I didn't know about that my old gyn doctors never told me my new GYN doctor which is an oncologist and a regular GYN doctor told me about the fibroid I have been skeptical and nrevous about getting the sugery because of my age and other health problems but i have been having the cysts monitored every month with transvaginal sonogram and pelvic sonogram and blood work. I have to get this surgery done I was afraid of my age but now I hear that you're doing fine which is great to hear it makes me feel a lot better and I will be seeing my doctor to schedule an appointment for surgery on Friday thank you for your information and God bless

• Posted

Hi this is Dee again by the way from the transvaginal sonogram and pelvic sonogram shows that they are simple cysts fluid-filled My C -125 blood work is normal
    • Posted

Hello! Try not to worry I'm in same position as you Iv been having my simple cyst monitored fir the past 7 Mths it was 10 cm now 11 cm so I'm having it removed on 25th May with ovary. I'm scared never been in hospital before am 53 yrs old but can't wait for it to be gone now xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.