Ovaries?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. Been having pain in my right ovary for a while now. It's like a pulling sensation or heavy feeling, I went to the Drs last week had bloods done and have been referred for a scan..

Could this be ovarian cysts or something else? Also when the pain flares up I get smelly wind (TMI) could this be related?

TIA

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had the pulling sensation and heavy feeling for sure along with a dull ache that would build through the day. Sounds like ovarian cysts but it could be anything. Good you are having a scan as then you will know for sure. 
  • Posted

Hi Maz

I'm by no means an expert but it does sound like it might be, try not to worry though as most cysts are nothing to worry about & some don't even need removing, just monitoring as they're slow growing. Mine only got picked up while having a scan for something else! 

After my first post I've realised how common these are which makes me feel better & calmed me down a lot! 

Not sure about the wind bit may be coincedental but as the cysts are hormone related & I know you can suffer more with bloatedness & wind around your period etc it could make sense!? x

Oh the joys eh! x

Keep me posted though ( not just about your wind lol) xx

• Posted

Just like to add that I Dr googled and it said Ovulating however as I have the marina coil I don't ovulate. Thanks for your replies btw

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.