Ovaries or crohns ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi how do you ladies know if you have crohns or ovarian pain? Thankyou 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun before I was diagnosed from as long as I remember I had problems in the nether region they thought it was polycystic ovaries they they thought it was endometriosis turned out it was mass addesshions i was given a full hysterectomy age 33 age 35 they removed my ovaries as first time they left them as the pain continued anyway .. after I went through all that the pain worsened and to start with it was put down to adessions it was only when I became extremely unwell fell unconscious that more tests were ran and at age 37 I was diagnosed with crohns colitis ..  they believe I’ve had it years and it’s gone in diagnosed as they believed it was gyne so the two pains are very similar in my experience I think had I had a decent team I would never needed a hesterectomy age 33 yes I became ill age 35 and they had to remove my ovaries but I’d have had another two years now age 52 I have osteoporosis fibromyalgia all secondary .. good luck and fight for what your body is telling you because instinct is never wrong xxx 
    • Posted

I’m so sorry to hear that sad I know a hysterectomy is so awful both mentally and physically. 

I’ve had so many tests, ultrasound was clear so my ovaries and womb is ok but that was 5 months ago , this was yo check because of the pain. Appendix is clear. Pill cam was clear and colonoscopy but my calprotectin is high . I have to repeat all IBD tests. I can’t figure out what to , maybe I should ask for another ultrasound but when I was on steroids I had no pain at all anywhere 

• Posted

Hello smile

Well a few years ago I had a dull but sometimes sharp pain in my right side just above my hip. And I had scans done which showed up an ovarian cist. .... however with crohns pains I find the pain tends to be much sharper lower down in the right side, almost right next to or in line with the hip, possibly even lower. Also I get severe stomach cramps so in the middle of my abdomen and also sometimes pains in my left side.

Sorry hopefully this is of some help. But a simple x-ray or 'pregnancy' scan should give you some answers!

ATB smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.