Ovary cyst

Posted , 2 users are following.

First time posting!

I was in a&e weekend just gone with really bad pain and after a ultra sound reviled I have a ovary cyst of 9x7x9cm on my right side. I was then admitted to a ward and they said it looked like a simple cyst. I was discharged the day after to have a CT scan in 2 weeks and back to see doctor in 2-4 weeks, before I left they done the tumor markers blood test. 

I went to my GP today and he had all results and they are all normal and all my other bloods like iron, liver ect are all normal too. So does this mean I can stop worrying about cancer

My GP explained to me today that a cancerous cyst wouldn't look simple (he hasnt see scan just all paperwork) where mine looks simple.

The person who done the scan said there was fluid on right side which is same side as cyst which my GP said its just where cyst has got so big and some fluid has come out. 

I'm so scared and I mean really scared! I'm on 23 years old and so scared and worried about what's going to happen next! 

So my ultra sound showed cyst on right side, all my bloods look normal including tumor markers (on the report there is a few things but all are normal

Which I'm guessing is good ?? 

Please help! 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Holly

Im no doctor, but if i tell you my story, it may set your mind at ease. I had bad pains down my right side, from my tummy,over my hip and down my right leg for about 12 months....which got worse. I went to the doctors and had a scan and internal exam. It showed a 5 inch cyst on my right ovary. This was called a simple cyst and i was told not to worry. Month later i was taken in to have it removed via key hole surgery. They took the cyst off to be checked and thankfully no cancer. They are very good at knowing the difference by the look of them. I asked how and they said they have seen so many they no...they said if blood is passing through etc they can just tell. You have done the right thing with getting it checked. I thi k you need to relax that if they say its a simple cyst it usual is just that. Hope this helps. Take care. Kate x

• Posted

Thank you for your comment. I think I'm just overthinking it all. All my bloods are normal including my tumor markers are in normal range too which I'm guessing is good?

I'm currently getting pain all over but I am also finding it hard to go to the loo due to all painkillers and time of the month so think that is making pain worse. 

The doctor who I saw Sunday before I was discharged said that my scan would of shown diffrently if it was cancer and that he would be acting now.  When I had scan on Saturday I got fluid on my right side too which is same side as cyst and i told my GP that and he said that's just where the cyst is big some fluid has came out which is why there fluid there which I am taking they as resureing. 

My GP said I haven't got anything to worry about as hosptail said on paper work he has looks simple cyst and all bloods normal. 

It's just so hard not to worry! 

Thanks! 

• Posted

Hi

It is so hard not to worry. And actually be weird if you didnt....however try not to worry too much as it all sounds ok.

Xx

• Posted

Thank you so much! Does it really sound all ok? 

Xx

• Posted

Is it normal to Have ct scan if ovary cyst is big? Xx
    • Posted

I dont know...i guess it depends on the hospital....i didnt but had scans (like in pregnancy ) and severial internals.

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.