Ovary Pain Months after UFE

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a uterine fibroid embolization back on December. The procedure went well. I had a little pain for the for 2 or 3 weeks but that slowly subsided and life went on.

However this month 5 months later I started getting pain in my ovary area again. Also a pulling , tight sensation whenever I stand straight just like after i had the procedure. It's come out of nowhere. The only thing is i had my first period about a week after the pain started and i thought i might be related to that. However my period finished 2 weeks ago and i am still getting intermittent pain.

Anyway i had a scan tomorrow to see what is going on buy i just wondered if anyone had experienced this so long after the procedure?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I just recently started experiencing something similar, several days or a week before my period starts I've been getting terrible abdominal pain and a sharp pain in my lower right ovary area. I had fibroid embolization back in March and was relatively pain free until I started getting my period again a month ago. The pain started before my period and did eventually get better after it. Now that my period is due soon I've been getting the pain again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.