Ovary removal and only 36 years old

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have previously had a burst cyst on my ovaries in which I had removed via laparoscopy. I've also been sterilised n had my tubes clamped.

Since Xmas eve I have had constantly symptoms of an uti but after many antibiotics n tests I went to see a gynaecologist who has suggested no infections. He looked at my medical notes n expressed that when I turn 40 (3 years time) I will have BOTH of my ovaries removed... Will this mean I will be on hrt for the rest of my life? Will I have my periods still? And am I likely to lose my sex drive nd become depressed n possibly die earlier than I would if I keep them.. I wish Dr hadn't said anything but I am worried now.. Looked at Google n scared myself.. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanx

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think I would look for another doctor and try to find out whats causing that pain. I was thrown into menopause at 48 then just had a total hysterectomy last yearat 64 and never took Hrt or never need it. At 36 your still pretty young so unless you have other serious reasons to have your ovaries removed dont do it. Good luck and keep us posted
    • Posted

I have a missing chromosome in which says there is a 50% risk of bowel cancer, 10% risk of ovarian cancer and a 40% risk of cancer of the womb, and sadly there is cancer in the family history. Thats as serious as it gets...
    • Posted

Sorry As I said I didnt have to take anything like HRT. I feel the same as before my sex drive might  be a little lower but is still there. Sex wise everything is the same. I rarely get depressed lol. Every one is different though.I will keep you in my thoughts and prayerssmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.