Over 3 years

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi has anyone on esa ever got it for 3 years ?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Billyjay

I had ESA for 3 years. Im i. Support group. After my assessment I was awarded it again for same period of time. But was advised i may not have to have any more assessments due to my condition and how it.effects me.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. ..I'm in the support group also.

• Posted

Yes I'm on ESA support group I have it for 3 years

• Posted

The rules changes won't apply to everyone. The criteria for those who'll never be re-assessed again after their next assessment is very strict. They anounced this in the first week of October. I did put a post post telling people what that criteria is. You have to tick all those boxes during your next re-assessment to qualify. Those currently in the Support Group are the most likely ones BUT this doesn't mean everyone will qualify. There is no specific diagnosis, or condition that will qualify anyone! It's based puerly on ticking ALL of those boxes.

Until a claimant has been told any different you'll continue to be re-assessed every 3 years, which is the max amount of time for the support group between assessments. If someone has been in this group for longer without being re-asessed whether it's a face 2 face or a paper based decision then it's because of the backlog and nothing more.

I'll try and find my post and if i do i'll bump it up. It's a copy and paste because as you know we can not post links.

• Posted

im not looking forward to resament i think my esa is up for review in december ,me eperlrpsy still same now im getting wet room cause of this know that wont affect desion on assement but hopefully that go in my favour 2 also i, also havig councelling do to my mental health
  • Posted

Also forgot to add that i also had support group for 3 years. Many many people do.
  • Posted

I’m on Esa support group (contribution based Esa) 

They told me they review it every 18 months.

It dosn’t say on my current letter if I have it indefinitely ( or for a certain amount of time) or if I need another review in 18 months?

Its a guessing game I think!

• Posted

For ESA reviews, everyone is different. The max amount of time before review is 3 years, or it was until recently when they changed the rules. Some people will begin to get life time awards and will never be re-assessed again. Very specific criteria will apply for this and not everyone will be awarded.
    • Posted

Hi Denise. .do you know by any chance what people will be awarded life time awards for esa ..Mines is over 3 years now.......I'm hoping they forgot about me lol wishful thinking😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😉

• Posted

It's not a condition or a diagnosis alone that will get you this. It's a criteria that you have to pass and i beleive it's ticking the boxes to 5 different things. I sent you a link all about this a couple of weeks ago, everything you need to know is all in there. Including the criteria. It's very strict criteria and not everyone will get this life time award. Before anyone gets this they will be re-assessed to see if they match the criteria.

3 years is the max time allowed usually before re-assessment. If they go over it's because they have a backlog.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.