Over 6 years post op, having pain in my back.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had a double spinal fusion, upper and lower back about 6 years ago. The lower was done first, where rods were placed in my back with screws. Then a couple of months later, i had my upper back fused and rods and screws placed up there as well. I have never really had much back pain after the surgeries. I am a professional dancer, and broke one of the screws that was placed in my back. I went to see my doctor when that was bothering me, and he said it will not harm me, so there is no reason to take it out. The broken screw is on my right lower back. Now just within the past month i have been getting this awful pain in the middle of my back to the point where I cannot move. I went to see me doctor and they did an x-ray and said they did not find anything to be shifted or wrong. it has been happening more often in the last week now. The pain is on my right side in the middle of my back. It feels like my back is burning, when I get this pain. I have found that if I massage it, it will go away. But it hurts tremendously to massage my back, and when I do it feels like my rod the was placed in is sticking out(which I know it is not). I have not found a certain thing that I do to trigger this pain. Sometimes, it goes on fro 5 minutes and other times I have the pain for hours. Does anyone else have any type of pain like this or have experienced something like this? if you need more details, I can certainly try to give them to you. I just figured I would come to this site, since the doctor was unable to tell me anything.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.