Over active Thyroid

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi.  Try and make a long story short, 5 years ago I had 0AT and was treated with tablets, it settled down and consultant took me off medication, I was also put on AD for anxiety, fast forward to September this year, got Neurlgia & a lot of messing with tablets which after months I had to stop, got a run of kidney infections and my anxiety came back with a bang.  Reading the leaflet I took it that the anxiety was caused by one of the many antibiotics I had taken, the dose of AD was upped but after 5 weeks I'm no better, I am eating but weight keeps falling, very red palms on both hands, jittery, can't sit or stay in the one place for long, is it possible with all the messing with medication and illness that my thyroid has gone overactive again?  I can't see a GP for a few days because of the holidays & consultant visit can take up to a month!  What do you think?  Thank u in advance.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there.  Looking through the results the HBA1 5.7 suggests pre diabetes.  This could explain your symptoms to a tee as well.  I had a glucose tolerence test as routine with no previous sign of any sugar intolerence and it crashed my blood to 1.6 which is known as Reactive Hypoglyceamia.  It also hadnt shown in my blood sugar tests which were boarderline.  Have you noticed if you are shaky and worse a couple of hours AFTER eating and then OK once you have something?  If it is this it is easily treated with a few diet changes.   Wish I was there to give you a big hug x

• Posted

Actually just rechecked, it is probably not quite borderline ... but I am very new to it myself! As I said, my problem didnt show on the blood test which looks at your average reading over 3 months, it came out of the glucose tolerence test which my doctor said was because she thought I had only recently developed it.   Maybe ask on a diabetes thread about this?  Apart from that I am at bit of a loss .... keep pushing with your GP and let me know x

• Posted

Thanks Claire for your support, will let you know how it goes. J.
    • Posted

Right took your advice and have now posted on diabetes thread, see what that brings!  Got T3 and calcium bloods done and have ANOTHER appointment Monday afternoon with GP (I will have shares in that practice with all the money I'm leaving there 😂 ).  I know at this stage my family are sick of it, as am I, but worried also.  Still can't get appointment with Consultant, I said to GP I should go to her clinic and refuse to leave until she sees me, the poor GP didn't know what to say, I did tell her I I was joking.  I will go away now or you will be blocking my comments!!  Hopefully not. J.
  • Posted

Thats good Jean, we will get there between us!  I think you have to be pushy with all medical staff, if you arent feeling well then it needs to be sorted.  Fingers crossed you get some help on a forum for Diabetes, and let me know .... and I wont ever block you - promise x
    • Posted

Hi Claire, well results are back, both calcium and T3  are normal.  GP is to,speak to her colleague to see what he thinks, but I'm to ween off neomercazol between now and next Tueday and then have all the bloods done again Monday week.  I don't know.   As mentioned I did go onto the other forum and got one reply that said, red palms is a sign of liver problems, but my liver has been checked.  Waiting for results, waiting for appointments, is almost worse than the symptoms I'm having.  Anyway that's where I'm at, sorry for bending your ear, again.  Take care J.
    • Posted

Hi Jean, sorry for the delay ... I have been having a few broadband issues!  Mmmm, dont know what to think really.  The liver thing is normally reddening around the side of the palms only which was why I asked but if you have had a liver test done then that is another thing ruled out thank goodness.  What happened when you went back to the doctors on Tuesday?  Hope you have some answers, sending hugs xx

• Posted

Hi, the short version is I'm no further on, I've been off neomercazole since Monday, having MORE bloods done on next Monday and then I got this message  "at the back of my mind is an illness where the patient has the symptoms and signs of hyperthyroidism but blood levels are not deranged. It follows a period of other ill health, as far as I know it is self limiting" ..  I did ask what that meant but was made none  the wiser "it's small print stuff and your Endo will know". -   Clear as mud that is 🙄🙄  anyway we will see what happens next week

Please God and the mystery of those messages may be revealed...  How are you doing, are you on the up? Hope so.  Have a nice weekend. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.