Over Done It ?😡😡

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone on here thinks they may have overdone it ie. to much exercise or walking post op and suffered as a result?

I worked last night. Most physical I have worked since returning beginning of the week.

8 weeks bilateral revision surgery both big toe joints.

All was fine during work a little sore and residual pain. Went to bed but woke this evening with feet on fire. Not masses of amount of swelling though some.

More just pain.

Not sure if to try and work through it or rest up. Don't want permeant damage.

Last instruction from surgeon was go for it.

So confused as to what to do next.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You definitely need to take it easy and build up gradually steve.  I had days like that and when I ventured out in the evening and the more pressure on the foot especially at 6-8 weeks I suffered burning pain and ached the next day.  Take it easy and build up gradually
    • Posted

Sue

Thanks how is your recovery now and how fat post op are you?

I have had surgery for Hallux Limitus.

Just as most don't know how far I should be at this point of recovery. I have read it can take up to 12 months. So don't want to seem impatient. Though a lot say 3-6 months for decent post op pain relief..

Though it's hard to keep faith at times

• Posted

Sue,

Just one more question the. Ironing pain you described did that originate from the joint area or was it the whole foot?

• Posted

The whole top pain of my foot burned steve. From about halfway upwards. Did subside with Ice and keeping raised above heart level.

good luck and hope it eases.

• Posted

I am 12 weeks scarf and akin with tendon release. Still limping and can only wear trainers a size bigger but loads better. I am having physio now to reduce stiffness and exercise daily raising on my toes. Physio says 6-9 before I will feel 'normal' again assuming I do make a full recovery.  It is a long process.......

i ache when I walk but not severe pain and then get zingy shooting pains occasionally if I have overdone it

• Posted

Sue,

Thanks mine is now swollen, stiff, painful and feels hot. Though moving on it does ease it a bit.

• Posted

Still paying the price today feet swollen and joints hurting.

It's time like this you question the success of the operation.

Surgeon said joints looked good. Give it time and don't be afraid to go for it.

• Posted

I think questioning success is inevitable until we feel back to normal but I guess it depends how much pain and discomfort you were in beforehand. The recovery is definitely more uncomfortable and painful than my pre op pain!,  hoping it improves.....
  • Posted

I had a bunion removed along with a gangleon and a tendon cut to straighten my 2nd toe 8 weeks ago. I thought everything was going really well as I have had very little pain at all, throughout my recovery period, however as previously mentioned I went back to work, and started driving last week and I must admit today I am in quite a lot of pain and discomfort and have come to work wearing my surgical boot again..is all this normal? I am worried because my consultant said just start to drive and ease your foot into shoes and basically get on with it, but I am also worried I have overdone it it. 
    • Posted

Blaze,

I think surgeons are sometimes economical with the recovery. Get on with it sounds familiar!

Hopefully it's post op pain.

Was your surgery by an Orthopedic or a podiatrist?

• Posted

He was orthopaedic surgeon..I was supposed to be off work until next week, but thought I'd be fine, and I am but just painful today, perhaps just too much over the weekend.

You must have suffered having both done!

You've done well to be back at work..what are you wearing on your feet??

• Posted

Steel toe cap boots!

Trying to work through the pain.

Sure your surgeon is a good if worried I would contact him for advice.

• Posted

ha ha...I might get some too..

are you still hobbling when you walk?

• Posted

Footwear is such an issue. Trainers are acceptable but you need to have a sign to say you are post op and not just scruffy! I start a new job after easter and will no doubt be having to wear strange attire to accommodate limited footwear. Crocs trainers or uggs?.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.