Over done it

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. Have been really stupid today! Have family visiting over weekend. So went mad cleaning as had let things slide a bit. Now I feel seriously ill. Had bad crash last weekend which was still praying on me. Now I think I may have pushed to far. I know I should pace rather than panick. I cannot even explain how I feel. Quite scared.  Still positive coz of my babies   Just glad they sleeping now. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

No wise words from me.  I can only say you are not alone.   So many times when I have started to feel better, I overdo things (always for a reason).  The only way I can cope with the awful feeling is to accept that I start from where I am again.  I know about pacing,  just don't seem to be able to be disciplined enough to keep to it.  

I also have difficulty in admitting I can't and asking for help.  Hope you can be able to ask or accept help over the weeked if you need to. .

• Posted

I do the same, then try and slow down but nothing gets done so I pluck myself up and do as much as I can xxx

No help and no one to ask. Xx

• Posted

Snap.. ive also done alot of cleaning today things round the house was getting on top of me so i got alot done. Its halloween so i had to take my son trick or treating. Since we came home i did the tea,run my son a bath and put him to bed. I am exhausted,my legs and feet are aching so much and i cant move off the sofa im that tired

I cant pace sometimes not with a 7year old its tough at times

I hope you get some help over the weekend so you can rest x

• Posted

I feel bad as we didnt really do anything for halloween. We usually carve pumpkins and decorate. Just could not manage. Have woke today and feel like have been hit by a train twice over. Not a pretty sight. 

Hope you are not suffering too much 

• Posted

Its hard on us when we cant do the things we used to manage. Ive woken up today in pain and exhausted. 1Day of feeling ok and i pay for it all week

Dont be to hard on yourself if you couldnt do halloween for the kids, they have you and im sure they get plenty of hugs and love and thats all they need

Take care x

• Posted

I do exactly the same even though I know I'll pay for it !! But sticking up for us all here we all have homes ,families & other demands on us that when we have a little energy we use it to try & keep up with the housework , ironing ect !!!

what people never understand is we spend a Huge amount of time looking at all the things we need to do but just can't so as soon as we feel we can get something done we GO FOR IT !!!!!!  I'm sure before we all got ill we managed multiple jobs at a time , we all had very busy lives & now we spend our days feeling gulity over the lack of things we can do & always trying to keep up in it self is exausting !!!!!

so try not to punish yourself instead give yourself a tap on the back for managing to do all the things you've done !!!!! & now rest !!!!! Take care all xxx

• Posted

I do praise myself. I think thats important. We all should. But still paying dearly for my efforts. Rest is definetly on the menu. No choice xx
  • Posted

I feel for you, hope you manage to get some rest now! I'm quite worried that I'm going to do the same. Shifting house in less than a week and have to pack and clean everything. Ahh! Bit scared!
    • Posted

Hi. Good luck with the move. Hard task for anyone let alone with cfs thrown in too. Hope you get help and some rest 
  • Posted

I know its hard but try to relax a bit.  Don't get so stressed over the everyday things as they are not important.

Rich

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.