over done things :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

been off work all week felt better so went in today and now I'm paying for it I can't walk sadbiscep muscles r going with spasms weekend of rest really thought resting all week would of helped

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Are bless you.

Have a chillaxing weekend and take things one step at a time. 

Sending you gentle hugs and positive energy for you to chillax wink xx

• Posted

Perhaps gentle stretching and the very light exercises could assist you to be on your feet??  I still try gentle exercises at home to keep my muscles flush with a blood flow, as I can tend to sit for periods, albeit uncomfortably, so it's swapping positions, stand, stretch and pace a tad,  Even the odd hold the bench and attempt half a lunge or bend at the knees with holding the bench.  Standing upright and going up on the balls of your feet and down two or three times even once a day and try increasing each week (not day). Doing the same standing in the outside or front door and step, balance on balls of feet whilst holding door jam, and slowly let your heels go down passed the step and then raise yourself back up again.  AS you are doing this, it is important to breathe correctly and to hold your Vaginal/lower pelvic muscle UP..  It is a Palate's technique which is 'Invaluable' to everyone, even those without a (Vag!!)  hahahaha Yes Males  cheesygrin

It's one of the best exercises, plus there are a couple of floor ones that are very good, NO weights involved, just controlled breathing and using your arms and legs in a controlled manner...   

Lay flat on a soft mat, bring knees up half way, keeping feet on floor, arms rested beside you but place your hands basically down low each hand covering your lower tummy, basically a hand over each Ovary region!   Now again as you 'slowly breathe in SUCK in you Vaginal muscles UP, and with your hands over your lower tum/Ovary region you can FEEL your muscles tightening, important to not raise your lower back, keep it rested to the floor, and important to concentrate (takes PRACTICE) to hold your Vag muscle whilst breathing slowly in and at the same time letting your legs go slowly and controlled down sideways, feet still in place and knees at half mast.  You may feel pain in your lower back, but that is actually a good sign. It is because you have muscles in that region that simply do not get 'exercised'...  Slowly breathing out, counting 01, 02, 03, etc to even 06 or 07 and bringing you knees back together at the same time WHILST STILL HOLDING your vag muscles UP..remember you can feel with your hands over your lower tum, Ovary regions if you are gripping and holding in those muscles whilst BREATHING and lowering and raising your legs.

Next exercise is basically the same, the only difference is with your ARMS RAISED above your head,  with knees raised half mast, feet on floor together, and as your holding up your Vag muscles SLOWLY breathe in counting 01 02 03 and so on, bring your arms up and over slowly whilst dropping your knees down, still with feet together on the floor, bringing your hands together between your legs, keeping your shoulders and lower back still in contact with the floor, do not raise off the floor.  Then breathing OUT slowly counting, bringing your knees back together as you lift and bring your arms back over your head.  Keep practicing those very simple movements a few times ever 2nd day or so till you get used to the whole swing of breathing, hold those important "Core muscles' in unison with leg and arms action.  You will be able to increase the numbers gradually in repitions of say 5 or more per week.  You will know and feel the benefits.  Yes the lowering of the knees to the sides can impact on the lower back but it is a good sign!!   Don't give up, as you get used to holding in your Core muscles and the action of dropping your knees you are EXERCISING those muscles that so need to be exercised and strengthened.  Because resting on the couch and bed isn't exercise and we need to get the blood flowing and muscles working gently...

No harm starting small, resting and alternating the exercises. Doing one type only for a couple of weeks or so, then slowly introduce another....

These are simple ones but very beneficial...... Gentle hugs x

• Posted

thanks for your advice iv tryed exercise etc and it just makes me worse I carnt even stand for 20mins at the moment without it leaving me unable to walk and working in a school u tend to be on your feet a lot I find a hot bubble bath seems to help but also leaves me drained too so I tend to sleep straight after it haha x
    • Posted

Hi sarapainfree;   yes I agree re the pain and exercises........there are many of  us who have trialed various types of muscle exercises, and yes we too, do get so much muscle pain from any simple exercise, that it becomes a roller coaster of pain and exacerbated pain..................I really believe that with this particular condition, we actually do need to find ways of "helping" our muscles to relax, and increase their cellular activity with out extra exertion..............that is one reason why I Always ensure that I take extra magnesium through vitamin supplements, daily, and foods with magnesium (eg bananas).....it probably took me about 2-3- months to really notice the positive effect of the supplements...but have been taking same for probably 2 years now, and yes, if I do have to go walking, my body feels worn out for a few days, but the muscle spasms are no where as bad as they were......I also wear TED stockings/Tubi-grip on my arms/legs every night and when sore, as this/these increase our blood supply to our muscles/cells, and has helped me enormously, too.............perhaps you may like to trial same, too..................good luck, Bron
    • Posted

thankyou for your reply I do eat a lot of fruit veg etc tobE fair I find a hot muscle soak bath helped my muscles and I tend most nites to get a good relaxed sleep but still wake feeling iv not had anuff I'm going to purchase some heatpads to wear around my knees when out in the cold

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.