Over-done things.....not good😏

Posted , 6 users are following.

So last week, I spent 3 days in school and a day in college, I also work part-time flexi hours atm. I have 3 children and work when I can as I have a mortgage. I had unbearable back and hip pain Friday and Saturday, and woke up with a really bad neck and headache this norning....was about as painful as it can get!! I was beside myself. Meds took ages to kick in. Now I'm left feeling a little shakey and fragile after it all. Half term next week!....wish me luck!😂

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma ,try to spend half term relaxing as much as you can with three children,have a nice bath in epson salts it wil help the pain I'm sure,gentle hugs Karen x

• Posted

I sometimes get Epsom salt and mix tree tea oil and rub it on my pain in the shower

Be careful cuz it can make it slippery

• Posted

Hi Emma. Wow! You sure have your hands full girl! Stress is a real factor for our pain. It can hit suddenly and be unbearable. Epsom Salts baths always help us because it is a dose of Magnesium. One of my girlfriends who makes natural ointments and stuff, told me the other day that we don't always have to take a bath in Epsom Salts if we don't have the time. I always thought it was necessary to soak. She said that even if we soak our feet in Ep Salt and warm water, that it has the same beneficial effect. So that sounds good for me, especially in our months of heat here in Australia. But in the cooler months there is nothing like a hot soak. Do you take mummy time for yourself sweetie? Doing something you enjoy like reading or listening to soft music or watching a lovely chick flick? Nurture yourself when you can Emma. Make that time just for you. And try not to worry too much about things. We tend to do that. I like that expression, 'Worry is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but gets you nowhere.' That is so true. If we can do something about the issue then we should do so but if we have no control over something, then we need to let it go. We have enough to deal with without assuming an outcome or dreading some event that may never happen. Sending you warm gentle hugs sweetie! Maggie xx

• Posted

Oh, I do wish you lots of luck, when your forced to do too much you do suffer and it's exhausting so big hugs and good luck

• Posted

Emma,this is one of my biggest failings. I work full time and have various tasks to d at home which you have when you have a large garden,cutting Hedges etc. I don't know when to stop and regularly over do things and like you get the shakes from the increased meds to reduce pain levels.

My advice,if only I could follow it is to tuck yourself up on the sofa for a good day and rest.

Stay strong.

Best

Bill

• Posted

There is an interesting and wise saying Bill, 'Better a live dog, than a dead lion!' Most men especially, tend to put a great deal of self worth on what they can accomplish in the way of work and projects. But if you wear yourself out, then these very accomplishments can become a burden and can be self destructive. I think it is more of a challenge for hard working men to allow themselves to relax and recoup. But if we never really recharge the batteries, how can we expect to perform at our best?. And with a chronic condition, it becomes even more crucial. In the long run Bill, wisdom dictates that we gain much more in Quality when we learn this important balance. We would never want to put undo expectations on our loved ones, but we often demand unrealistic goals of ourselves. All that pressure adds up to Chronic Illness in the end. No wonder heh?! Please take care of yourself Bill.... because it means everything to those who love and count on you. Maggie

• Posted

Thanks for your wise words Maggie however how much worth is there in a dog with no bite?

Our self worth is based on what we can achiefecand I believe that I now work harder to show I still Dan achieve.

I hate being this way and try not to burden family and friends but find that my patience is thin.

• Posted

I used to be like you Bill and sometimes I still lapse into trying to be 'perfect', with this illness you can't be, I've started being honest with myself, then let the family know, I've overdone it and the next couple of days I'm not going to be able to do as much, they seem to appreciate the honesty, but it did take me a while to accept this restrictions we have, maybe you have to ease up on yourself, it's not your fault.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.