Over one week post Botox and desperate

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi 

I had Botox injections 9 days ago and am in WORSE pain than before the procedure. Yesterday, it actually felt better for the day and today.......LOOK OUT!!! I had 3 BMs this morning, each one contributing to this horrific pain. The only reprieve was when I soaked in the tub. The spasms are out of control. Tylenol and Advil don’t even touch the pain.....😢😢 

I now fear this procedure didn’t work at all and I feel so hopeless. I have read that it could take up to 4 weeks to see a difference. Please share any experiences post Botox to help me gauge what I’m experiencing. Is this a “normal “ part of the recovery or is this an indication of a complete  fail?

Any my insight or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Vuki

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Botox did work - like you I had  pain immediately after Botox procedure..

It did resolve in one week and I was doing fine until this week when the Botox wore off..

It’s awful - the spasms and pain last for hours after each BM..

I try to use stool softeners to help with this but still in pain..

Maybe you should see your physician as by 9 weeks it should have worked..

Maybe you need additional injections

Good luck 

• Posted

Thanks aimmee. I am already over one week after the Botox and I am still having terrible pain and spasms for hours after BMs, in fact worse than before the Botox. It’s helpful to know that having pain for at least a week is somewhat normal. I hope this resolves soon as right now I feel like if this didn’t work, then I just delayed healing further. I would imagine the trauma of the probe and injections caused great irritation and inflammation and thus the pain.... when does this horror end??

thanks again for your reply. 

• Posted

Hi Vuki

I have hesitated in responding as my experience of botox has been so negative and I don't want you to think it's the same for every one

I had what my surgeon called an " adverse reaction " to the botox which left me in considerably more ( and different )rectal pain and incontinent as well

Five months later although the botox has worn off , the fissure has only healed a little and I am still experiencing urgency and little bowel control

I am taking. 5 mg of imodium in the mornings to reduce the number of bowel movements and to help with the urgency

I hope things improve for you soon

• Posted

Hi Jennifer:

Thanks so much for your response. It’s sounds like you had an absolutely horrible experience with the Botox, poor you. Hopefully things have improved. 

I went to the GP yesterday just to feel reassured that I don’t have an infection. I also went back to using the dilitiazem ointment a couple of days ago. The Surgeon told me to not use this as then we won’t know if the Botox worked but he also said I should know in about a week. There’s so much conflicting info out there about when the Botox kicks in. Anyway, the GP said there’s no harm in continuing with the ointment, and to carry on with sitz baths and particularIy stressed to ensure the BMs are neither to hard or too soft. I figure if the Botox didn’t take then at least I can get the benefit of the cream for the three weeks until I see the CRS on my follow up appointment. I did start the ointment before the Botox but only used it for less than a week so no real benefit for such a short course. I am hopeful it will help. 

I have also finally concluded that I need to take a medical leave from work as the stress of that was not making things better. Let’s face when you are at the worst with this thing your whole day is consumed with pain management and dietary stuff. Having to take several soaks a day and writhing in pain is not conducive to work. 

What will you do next since the Botox made matters worse? I feel terrible for you. Do you still have hours of pain? It’s such a nightmare. 

Take care of yourself. Vuki

• Posted

Hi Vuki

Do you know how to private message me so that I can respond back to you?

Many thanks

Jennifer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.