over the counter medication to prevent vomiting

Posted , 3 users are following.

what are some medatiosn over the counter to prevent vomting. Doctor refuses to give me one

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Pepto-Bismol tends to work pretty well and is fairly inexpensive. Why is your doctor refusing to give you medication? How often are you vomiting?
  • Posted

Raw ginger. One inch slice it. And dip in honey if its too bitter. Nibble it down.
  • Posted

The medication may actually be in your kitchen. There is evidence that fresh ginger tea relieves nausea, and it has worked for me.
    • Posted

Hi,

I wondered what you meant by 'fresh' ginger tea? I will try anything natural because the Gravol i take regularly is starting to lose it's effect.

• Posted

Hi,

If possible, buy some fresh ginger in the produce area of a grocery store.

To prepare the tea:

1.) Start by heating some water. The amount of water depends on how concentrated you want the tea. The less water, the 'spicier' the tea.

2.) Peel the ginger and then chop the peeled ginger into smaller pieces.

3.) Add these pieces to the boiling water and let it boil for a minute or two. The longer the boil, the more concentrated the tea. (I usually wait until the tea becomes yellow.)

4.) Then pour into a mug and enjoy. Some people like to add honey, but I enjoy the tea as is.

I hope this helps!

• Posted

Oh ok. I will give that a try as soon as I buy some ginger.

Thanks very much!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.