Over the counter treatmeant

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone recommend over the counter treatment that works as I have tried several different ones and my problem still persists.  

I wa even given ointment and suppositories from my Gp several months ago but it didn’t help either.

For  five months it feels as If I have piles , hurts  to sit feels like something inside, soreness but no bleeding and doesn’t hurt to go to the loo.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Not many over the counter I’m afraid that worked for me ....

There’s one I get offline called proto haemalan

Or proktis m

Or Emuaid max also is good 

Sitz bath with Epsom salt , coxnyt oil and cypress oil is good too 

• Posted

You have been suffering for long enough.  Over the counter treatments are not very strong and you are probably wasting your money. Make sure your diet includes fruit and vegetables and drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day.  Make an appointment to see your doctor or practice nurse for a review as there are many different treatments they can prescribe and it may just be a matter of getting the right one. Take care of yourself and keep in touch.

• Posted

Trouble is im doing all the things you mentioned  and perscription  products didn’t help either.  Will see what GP suggests tomorrow.
    • Posted

It's no use just worrying, you are doing the right thing in going to see your doctor.

Take care and please keep in touch.

• Posted

After five months of having to sit sideways I’m stating to think it could be something more than hemroids. 
    • Posted

In all these months I I haven’t had any bleediñg or pain going to the loo and I can feel what I think now is external piles.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.