Over the first two week hurdle

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello fellow bunionless soldiers.

High on apprehension, I went for my follow-up appointment today. Husband couldnt find his mobile just as we were due to leave, increasing the anxiety too max level. Then they couldnt find my notes, was so glad they didnt take my BP or pulse rate!

The unveiling revealed a rather slender foot that didnt like it belonged to me. Virtually no swelling, no bleeding either and the Registrar whom I saw when I had the post op bleeding said my foot looks just like it should do.

Didnt have to have the stitches removed as they resolve themselves, dont have to wear the wedge shoe at night in bed, just keep off foot as much as poss for next month. Nurse cleaned the foot up and put a dressing on which I am to remove in a week, and that's it for a month. Am very elated as was anticipating being told off for doing too much.

So very thrilled with how my foot is looking even now, Rather a big gap between big toe and 2nd toe now, but I think I can live with that, maybe it will gravitate back though I guess after 20 years, that is unlikely, didnt get a chance to ask the Registrar as he was in a rush.

So so so relieved. yippeebiggrinsmile dorothy81861

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Happy for you Dorothy! Keep up the good spirits, it does help!

Best wishes,

Caroline

• Posted

Thank you Caroline, Well after today its not hard to feel high..

Go well, too

• Posted

This sounds very much like my experience had to take the dressing off after a few days i also thought that i had a huge gap inbetween the first and second toe but im either getting used to that as it looks like its got smaller

smaller.

Foot still very swollen and i have to go to the doctors this week as i realised they forgot one of my stitches and one of the cuts seem to be rissen and untidy weather or not i have cought it but im not happy with a lump of skin. 

• Posted

Do hope the swelling recedes which maybe it is due to the stitch? I havent been doing the ice thing, but if the Dr doesnt think the stitch is causing the swelling maybe the ice pack will help. I have been taking a homoepathic remedy for about a week, and I like to think that that is what has helped me. Mainly for when I had twinges in the op area, to make the bones knit.

Am most encouraged to hear that you think the gap is diminishing.

Am sure you will be fine.

• Posted

Same to u Dot..

healing prayers sent sent ur way.

see our hugs to u...

• Posted

Well done Dorothy! Glad to hear you are so pleased with the end result! I have 5 days to go until my post op appointment, so hoping I will come away from it as happy as you ! Hope the rest of your recovery goes well, don't enter for any marathons yet tho! X
    • Posted

Thank you Jinny. It will be hard to restrain myself from that marathon, but I shall heed your advice!

I am sure your post op will go just as well too. I feel as if I have just got my final results.

• Posted

Thats the best encouraging news I have heard all day... I bet UR surgeon is going to be very popular.

now remember even with all that good news take it slow..

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

CHEERS

HOPE

• Posted

Thank you, Hope, it is so nice to have such a positive response from you all, too.

Its not going to be easy, taking it slow for another 4 weeks, but the last 2 have gone relatively quickly, and a month isnt a long time, in the broader scheme of thing.  I should get to read all those books I never get around to read.

If the weather carries on like this, well what is there is to beef about, apart from the fact that when you have two whole feet we dont have a proper summer, and now, well here it is.. I think its harder for my husband, as he is having to do his walks and bike rides solo, which probably has its upsides.

Stay encouraged, and be true to your name.

Hurray for now

• Posted

U r sooo right.. It's such a small time of healing thru the scheme of thing says it all!

CHEERS

HOPE

• Posted

You are a gem, much appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Wish the same too

Be well

Dot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.