Over thinking

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay, so I was diagnosed a couple of months ago and I was thinking over my long term medical needs, I am 24 and have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety about ten years ago. What I'm wondering is how many people believe they suffered with what I'll call the "mental" side effects of fibro BEFORE they suffered the "physical". Such as did a physiological trama cause depression etc first and a physical trama start up the pain side of things? Sounds strange I know but it's something I've been thinking about.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

For me it was suppressed emotion I believe. Divorce, 4miscarriages, single mother bringing up two boys alone. Then redundancy and nearly losing our house, death of father. Your body just says I have had enough.  How awful to get it so young. I have had it for over ten years and have found magnesium bath salts help and reflexology. I have decided to take no medication
  • Posted

Hi. Yes our past traumas and stresses have definitely contributed to our developing Fibromyalgia. As Pollmado mentioned, our bodies can just take so much of this bombardment of emotions and worry, etc, and it begins to break down. Our nervous system suffers first. We are generally very responsible and 'feeling' type people who take on way too much of the burden of others. We often want to fix things we have no control over. This of course takes its toll. Of course many develop depression and anxiety. It is the only logical progression. But the good news is that, when we know better, we do better. Having the knowledge of how we got to this point, should actually motivate us to begin to take better care of our overall health. There is so much you can do my dear. Never despair. Eat wholesome foods. Take nice warm Epsom salts baths. Take some supplements for your nervous system such as B complex, maganesium. Get as much rest as possible. It has taken years to get to this point and it will take sufficient time to recover somewhat. Acceptance of your limitations cannot be expressed enough. We are not superwoman or superman! We need to have more reasonable expectations of ourselves. Often, FM people have low self worth. Perhaps we have had toxic people in our lives who drain and tear down. We need to start nurturing ourselves the way we would a loved one. We all count in this life. We are all known individually by our Creator and we all have value. So continue to learn how to nurture and take care of yourself both physically, mentally and emotionally. Read books on self esteem. See your worth and value. That is a great beginning. You will never be the same again but who really wants to be when you think about all the struggles we have gone through and how we extended ourselves to our own detriment. So take care of yourself! Warm gentle hugs. Maggie 

• Posted

I never actually thought to link it to personal. I was very outgoing, lots of friends, would go out, but then one day all of a sudden my fiance of 6 years broke up with me, a couple of months later I was made redundant and then lost my father. During that time I found out who my real friends were. But I never talked about all the mental pain I was going through and I guess it's built up. But the anxiety and depression started once I knew about fibromyalgia, and got worse when it was officially diagnosed. I still find it hard talking to people. The support groups near me haven't got in touch to confirm when they are running.

• Posted

Keep a journal sweetie. Write down your emotions, worrries etc. It really helps to get that stuff out of your mind and heart. Then you can think more rationally. Taking care of our emotions and mental health is just as important as the physical side. More so, sometimes. x
    • Posted

Thank you,I'm trying it's so hard, I keep wondering if it will ever get better

• Posted

We cannot have an emotion without a thought sweetie. So safeguard your thoughts. And yes it will get better once you feel much better about yourself. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.