Over thinking

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi can anyone offer any advice for over thinking and obsessive thoughtS: i just cant stop thinking about something that happened 5 years ago, i try to distract myself, i cam sleep ok, i try to he rationale but just keep over thinking and worrying about things.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

i’m sorry you are stressed out about this but keep in mind that whatever happened five years ago doesn’t exist anymore. The only thing that exists is the present moment. The past is gone and the future does not exist yet. So you have to ask yourself what benefit comes from worrying about something that happened five years ago? Does it help you in anyway? If not, let it go! I hate to say it but it’s actually a waste of your time to ruminate about it. It doesn’t matter what happened it’s over and done with.

also, you are wasting precious time of your life doing this when you could be enjoying today. Every day that goes by that you worry, is a day you will never get back in your life! It’s just not worth it. Life goes by too fast so take in every moment of Today!!

I used to worry about things in the past and what may happen in the future. what good did it to me? It just made me feel miserable. So I decided to let it all go and I’m glad I did! It frees up your mind so that you can have joy in your life.

regret and worry are like sitting in a rocking chair. it keeps you busy but you get nowhere.

you deserve better than that. Sometimes we have to put ourselves first, not in a selfish way but in a way where we take care of ourselves and our health and our mind. Do that for yourself. The past does not exist. Only right now does. Take care

• Posted

thank you so much this makes complete sense, i am trying! 😃

• Posted

hi jan, how did you stop the thoughts, im trying to thing of this event but it keeps pipping into my head! im trying meditation. and having cbt for anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.