Over thinking!. Any advice?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

I'm 5 months in one my citalopram journey and am on 40mg. I'm feeling so much better than I was when I first went on cit, however, I seem to have a bit of a problem with over thinking things. It's almost like my brain has got in to the habit of rumination!. It's really beginning to frustrate and upset me.

Is this a part of recovery? I'm off to my counsellor next week so I'm hoping he can offer up some tips.

Thanks.

Louise

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This may be a form of OCD triggered by the drug.  Some people are helped by the drug while others find a worsening of such symptoms.  It may go away in time but certainly bring it up with your therapist and see if CBT methods help deal with it.

Good luck!

• Posted

I have been off cit a while but I too overthink MADLY

Cit stopped me thinking! But I was a bit zombie ish on it

try meditation techniques and look into mindfulness which talks about the breathing you should practise. 

There are lots of self help books and free ones on a well known web site. I often open my kindle and just read a bit to ground me 

• Posted

Thanks Gillian

It is just a case of refocusing and I find that yoga and meditation really helps.

Hope things are going well for you.

Louise

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.