Over thinking is ruining me. Please help !

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone, so I am 20 year old student and as the title says, I am a huge over thinker to the point that it's making me feel really low about myself. For example, today I assumed (this always happens ALWAYS) that two of my close friends were being distant from me and assumed they didn't or don't like me as much as they used to and the reason why I think this is because the minute someone acts different with me I assume they don't like me anymore so what I do is push them away, I show no interest or will stay quiet, be distant with them. I then instantly (only with close people) feel terrible for doing that but believe that they noticed and don't like me for it. I know this sounds like a little girl issue but over thinking has taken over me to the point where I don't want to socialize with anyone, I don't want to leave the house incase my mind tricks me and causes issues that aren't there. I'm really confident and out spoken and love interacting with people but I can't help and always assume the worst. I literally create scenarios in my head of issues that may occur to me. I still believe people are waiting to realise what kind of person I am and not like me anymore. Right now I feel so drained and upset, I asked my self whats the cause behind me crying now and feeling this way and it's my issue with over thinking everything. I can't continue living like this, is this normal? why am I like this ?

5 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Fresh air

Exercise

Volunteering

Plenty of rest

Healthy food

All of these can help

• Posted

its anxiety it seems like you got social anxiety i have the same problem also mine started like a week ago however mine is different cuz i feel like im not in my mind
    • Posted

you probably need to go to the doctor for anxiety theyll probably give you therapy anxiety is when you stress way to much for no reason and your body shut down  and you panic .Meditating help also 
  • Posted

hiiii

you are talking about helth realetd problem so freind my suggesoin not depressoin to any problom more thinking 

• Posted

Hi Sam,

It's a big cliché but our thoughts really can be our worst enemy. The older I get the more I realise that you really can't second-guess what's going on in someone else's mind....half the time they probably don't know their own thoughts & motivation. Group therapy in the practice of mindfulness helped me a lot to calm my mind & bring my thoughts under a bit more control. Please look it up on the Internet...it could help you. It's not about suppressing or denying negative thoughts. In fact to label thoughts as "negative" or "positive" is counterproductive. It's about acceptance....going with the flow....to reduce the suffering from these thoughts. It also helped me to give other people the benefit of the doubt more & not think the worst of them....they're dealing with their own s##t after all! If you are struggling to battle this on your own then you might benefit from some counselling. Take care & let us know how things progress for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.