Over year short breathed and now I have sharp pains in chest

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I am a 34 year old male living in South Africa.

So about a year ago I went to play basketball. I got so tired that my lungs were burning from pain. I stopped playing and went home. For the next few days I was short breathed and felt like sh**. I went to the doctor and prescribed me with asthma medication. It helped a bit but I kept being short breathed.

I kept taking my medication but things were not back to normal. They send me for x-rays and doctor said he can see chronic asthma and chronic bronchitis. Problem is I don't cough? Bronchitis is possible without coughing?

Anyways, I went back to my GP a few times to complain that I have this sharp pains in my chest, I feel tired all the time, I am short breathed a lot, my left arm pit feels like someone is stabbing me, I get cramps often, my left arm feels weak sometimes, sometimes I get a cramp feeling in my hand or leg and at the same time feel like someone is grabbing my wind pipe and lungs and is squeezing it, whatever I eat I feel like I can't digest it properly, I get a few pimples in my chest sometimes and other times feels like I have pimples but they are not visible from outside if that makes sense.

And after all that the doctors keep giving me Asthma medication. Sometimes it helps. Some days I feel like sh**. The doctors did an EKG/ECG on me and it was normal by the way.

Any advice here? Does asthma cause all the above? Could it be something much more serious? I also did blood tests after the first time the symptoms appeared and they only saw my cholesterol was higher than normal.

Please help as I'm going crazy. The pains in my chest are becoming more frequent and I'm worried a lot.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.