Overactive bladder

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 22 years old and have some days where I have to pee every 30 minutes. Some days I can go a couple of hours but today, for example. I went before a movie(I drank half of a medium coke during this), right after the movie, probably 40 minutes later after we ate (I may have drank 1/2 a glass of water if that)and then had to go really bad on the way home (which is 35 minutes from the restaurant). I'm about to the point where I'm afraid to go out with my friends. Please help

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

How long has this been going on? Have you been to see a doctor? First thing to check for is a UTI. If that comes back clear, you may want to see a urologist for a cystoscopy to take a look at the inside of your bladder. My overactive bladder symptoms started suddenly three years ago at age 34. Since then I have gotten it under control with diet change, medication and pelvic floor physical therapy. There are many options to treat OAB but first you need confirmation of what you are dealing with. Go see your doctor ASAP to start ruling out more serious things first. And for now, avoid caffeine (no Coke!), alcohol, citrus, tomatoes, artificial sweeteners and carbonated drinks as those are all bladder irritants and will make symptoms worse.
    • Posted

It's been off and on for about 6 months. I usually don't drink that much caffeine, I might have 1 coffee at most per week, and maybe 3-4 12oz sodas a week at the very max.

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your experience.  I experienced the same symptoms but became concerned when I had to sit on the chair closest to the door during lectures. I was very fortunate to consult a very good sympathetic urologist who expanded my bladder and it has been 4 years now since the procedure and I no longer have to rush to the loo.  Please see your urologist asap, you do not need to life of discomfort.  Wishing you all the best.  Let us know how everthing goes!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.