Overactive bladder advice needed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I have had recently had gyno surgery and seemed to have been left now with a overactive bladder. I have been told it is treatable with physio and possibly medication and retraining the bladder. Any advice from anyone who has done this? Feeling confused and concerned. My life does not feel the same anymore. I am peeing 300ml every 1,5 to 2 hours. It really does disrupt life. Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have an over active bladder too due to the menopause!!  My bladder actually hurts due to it and I feel like I need to pee all the time when it flares up.  I have found Myrabegron prescribed by my GP has really helped.  HRT has helped too.  I am going for physio as well but not started yet.  Good luck with your treatment.XX
    • Posted

Hello Margaret,

I really appreciate everyone replying to my post. It means so much to me at the moment. I am such an emotional wreck! The op, heavy bleeding due to perimenopause plus the overactive bladder and bad back. I have always been such a fit &happy person. Thank you so much for your advise. I would go on HRT but i also have a fibroid on the uterus so it may flare it up or increase with HRT. I will have to speak to my doctors. Hope your physio goes well. Let me know how you get on.  And Thank you x I am so lucky to have found this forum. 

• Posted

Hi l have an overactive bladder, mine followed having csection, but was diagnosed later as intersticial cystitus, which caused frequency but also pain in pelvic area, often soreness and heat in urethra bladder. There is a site called cystitus and overactive bladder, also gives info and advice.

Many with probs use d mannose, supposed to be very good, for all bladder probs,  lve not tried it yet, but going to soon. This forum is very good with info and advice, sure you,ll get more advice to help.Hope  it improves soon for you. 

• Posted

HI there I also have a small fibroid but have not prob with HRT....however, everyone is different and it is a very personal thing.  Myrabegron is quite a new drug for an overactive bladder and has had much success!!  It has certainly alongside the HRT improvedmy quaity of life.  I do understand some of what you feel as I have been there.  The bladder issue made me totally miserable and anxious and this on top of other menoapusal symptoms was just awful!!!  I am very grateful to feel so much better and I hope you find some peace too. Talk to your GP about medication andI will let you know how things go.XXXX
    • Posted

Yes, i am planning to see GP tommorow. I feel once the bleeding is undercontrol other things may be easier to deal with. I think things are also trying to settle down after the op so not a fun time. I seem to have not needed to keep going to the loo today which has surprised me. I have been in bed all morning though with a hot water bottle. I will definately mention HRT to the doctor and get some info on it and also read up on Myrabegron if things do not settle down with overactive bladder. Thanks for the advice i really appreciate it XX
    • Posted

Thanks Lynn, I have really found this forum so helpful. i will look at the site you mentioned, i can use all the help and info i get. Will also look at d mannose as well. Thank you XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.