OVERACTIVE BLADDER SOLUTION FOUND

Posted , 6 users are following.

EXCESSIVE URINATION: SOLVED - MINIRIN 0.1mg

Dear sufferers of excessive/difficult urination. I have been suffering for 5 weeks with excessive urination. I was diagnosed with Overactive Bladder Syndrome after numerous ultrasounds, X-rays, and urine sample tests. All came back clear. I was prescribed Detrusitol which DID NOT WORK. It made me worse because I still felt the need to pass urine but I couldn't because this dtud restricts the bladders ability to contract. I was finally prescribed MINIRIN 0.1mg tablets, one tablet with breakfast and one with dinner. The very next day after first days doses my urination was less frequent. I have now been taking this for 7 days and my urination has gone from every 30 minutes at night to once in 4 hours. I can actually sleep!! I am so relieved. Please go and ask your doctor about this. Good luck. Sandra

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi sandramed 

wow this sounds like a good medication my have to talk to my gp about giving a go because then maybe like your self I might start getting a bit more of a sleep which would be amazing so thanks so much for putting up on a post to let other people know seem to me like a wonder pill lol and I hope it keeps working for you good luck 

regards Nadine 

• Posted

Hi Derek thanks very much for your reply I'll have to give it to my doctor and let him try fine a similar thing here in austrlia thanks again 

regards Nadine 

• Posted

You are very welcome. I just recieved a new prescription for MINIRIN but my doctor has reduced the dose to one tablet at night. I am still doing okay. Watch your hydration and make sure urine is not discoloured. The side effects are unbalanced electrolytes in your system. I asked if I should supplement my diet with additional electrolytes. He said no, just keep hydrated.
    • Posted

Hi Sandramed,

Is the minirin still working for you. Has it caused any swelling or fluid retention or other side effects?

Are you drinking more or less liquids than before? 

Did yu daytime volumes increase to make up for less voids at night?

So far my docs have not been willing to prescribe it. About 9 nights a month I am up all night, every 15 to 30 minutes and void several liters. The rest of the time I'm OK. Been through a whole battery of tests but nothing found.

• Posted

Right I will have to make sure I'm drinking more then what I am now due to it been so hot weather wise here and thanks very much for ur reply take care and have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year 
  • Posted

INSTANT NATURAL CURE - Mint tea

1 teaspoon of packet dry mint leaves in hot water or a mug of hot mint tea stops instantly the urgency and frequently of this concern. Try it drink it and leave feedback below to help others. Tried and tested the difference would be noticed instantly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.