Overactive thyroid?? Help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I've not been well for a while and getting worse with severe joint pain, weight loss, eye inflammation, fatigue etc. Im 34 female in the UK, nurse gave me my results today over the phone, I won't see GP for a few days but said my bloods are normal except thyroid levels were not normal, my levels are: TSH 0.02 T4 30.9 and T3 9.2. I've seen different values online so wonder if anyone can clarify how bad these are please?

Many thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Normal thyroid level NHS free t3( 3.6-6.5 ) 

free t4 : (9-19.1) TSH level normal range ( 0.27-4.2) your thyroid level high ...

• Posted

I was diagnosed Graves' disease ( overactive thyroid ) 2008 ...

• Posted

First my blood test result 2008 : free t4 : 30.9 pmol/L 

free t3 : 19.39 pmol/L my TSH was 0.01 second blood test 29.08.2008 was t4 : 22.7t3 10.69 ...

• Posted

Hi, like Tekin mentioned above, your FT4 (free thyroxine) and FT3 (free triiodothyronine) are above the normal range. Consistently, your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) level is suppressed as your body is trying to stop the overproduction of thyroid hormone. 

To put it into perspective, when I had an FT4 level above 60 pmol/L I had hand tremor (was hardly able to write), a highly elevated resting heart rate, severe muscle pain, and was eating about 10 meals a day. The symptoms you are describing are typical for your FT4 level. It is important to get your thyroxine level down quickly by taking anti-thyroid medication. Your GP will refer you to an endocrinologist who will try to find out what is causing your hyperthyroidism. 

Btw, I always made sure to get a blood test form and then I would do a blood test (at the hospital) about 10 days before the appointment with the endo. 

• Posted

Forgot to mention, you might want to ask your GP for a printout of your blood test report. On that, you will find all the info including the measuring units and the normal range. 
    • Posted

Thanks for message I had hand tremor as well and low mood ,anxiety almost 8 years I was poorly treated ! 
    • Posted

Sorry I didn't read message properly I sent wrong message wrong person 

• Posted

Sorry DanR ..I didn't read message properly ...

• Posted

No worries Tekin. Thanks for your replies. It would be useful to have the option to edit messages after posting. Unfortunately, it is not possible on this site. 
    • Posted

Thanks for your replies. I just feel so awful, my heart beats so fast and has gotten worse in the last week. I'm hoping my GP can give me tablets straight away?

I'm very worried as I would like another baby but feel like it's very risky now from what I've been reading.

And I am very worried about my eyes as I have had problems with them for the last 3 years, severe dry eyes and re-occuring episcleritis, terrified they are going to bulge out.

• Posted

Thanks for your replies. I just feel so awful, my heart beats so fast and has gotten worse in the last week. I'm hoping my GP can give me tablets straight away?

I'm very worried as I would like another baby but feel like it's very risky now from what I've been reading.

And I am very worried about my eyes as I have had problems with them for the last 3 years, severe dry eyes and re-occuring episcleritis, terrified they are going to bulge out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.