overbearing pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

My corisone injection hasnt worked had about 1 week ago. More in pain than before. Went to docs yesterday he gave me lyrica but didnt touch the pain.  Im taking proxen 1000 slow release panadol forte but nothing helps. Ive been awake for 2 days and crying with this  

constant pain was even thinking of going to emergency. Please advise whati can do.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Julie, when I had that constant pain and couldn't sleep because of it, i went to emergency. 

They were so good to me. A couple of needles full of morphine, dulled the pain for a couple of hours. If it's that bad, I say go for it!! Get some help!! Your at your wits end by the sound of it... let us know if and how it went.. take caresad

• Posted

so hard to know what to do. I thought maybe the doc would give me valium but they don't like to 😢

• Posted

They say they don't like to give patients meds.... all the time

But if you can't stand this pain for a moment longer, then they need to do something to either help with pain and/or calm you down with Valium so you can get some rest.. sometimes you need to be aggressive or at least very convincing that you just can't take it anymore..! Good luck, take care

• Posted

Julie, totally understand. I use Ice all  night long. Both shoulders screwed up. Try propping your head and  shoulders up on soft pillows, and put an Ice bag on the injured one! Not just an ice pack but a big ice bag. hang in there hon! It does get better. Not sleeping just makes it all worse.
  • Posted

I can feel your pain, literally. I was given Panadine forte and before that endone for the pain an help me sleep, nope hasn't helped. 

I have found sleeping in a reclining chair helped, not a great sleep but the arm position and pain was better. 

I go for hydrodilation next Thursday and start a new job a week and a half later, this could be an interesting couple of weeks. 

Good luck with the pain and if you think Valium will help tell them to give it to you. 

• Posted

Hi

i was wondering how you went with endone?  I took one and slept well but woke with migraine. I think it was that anyway as im taking so many different drugs,  took 1/2 last night and woke with mildish headache hopefully caught it with panadol! My fs pain was less though .

• Posted

I've been on and off it for about 2 months. Yes I think it does give me a headache too but to be honest I'll deal with that rather than the shoulder pain

I started back on it 3 days ago as the panadine Forte I was on was useless. 

• Posted

No, it makes me a little light headed that's it. Nothing else. 

• Posted

I had cortisone and hydrodilation

Has helped a bit but took 2 weeks to kick in and is improved but not pain free

I'd advise you to talk to your Orthopaedic Drs secretary and ask for an  referral to his next clinic

If no luck then go via A&E

It's a dreadful pain and the loss of sleep makes it unbearable

Good luck, keep trying to get help and tell"them" how bad you're feeling

Tell 

• Posted

Norco- 10  (strong pain killers) and an antiflamatry  of some kind are all that worked on me.  What is with these doctors and nerve pain pills, what a joke.

Yes, agree with the other posters, go to an Orthopedic doctor for the long term and also emergency room for shot of pain killers for some pain relief.  You can’t live like that, that’s why they invited pain killers.  

Ug,  I understand too. Sorry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.