Overcoming my anxiety! No more agoraphobia or social anxiety!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

my name´s Jon. Im 29 years old and have suffered from anxiety since I was 11 when I was bullied at school.

I started suffering from agoraphobia, my legs would shake when I tried to walk down the street. I didnt know what was wrong with me. It was absolutely horrible. I started being tense all the time. Constantly had anxious thoughts. And I was just a kid. I didnt even know what anxiety was!

I started getting counselling when I was 15 because my mother died. I was seeing both a psychologist and a psychiatrist. And I was taking seroxat every morning before going to school. I was a mess. I felt absolutely terrible.

However I have overcome my depression, no longer have the agoraphobia, and dont get panic attacks anymore. My confidence has probably never been higher. And my self-esteem has grown so much too.

All I have now is a little bit of tension from time to time. I think it is because I am still a little adrenally fatigued.

Anyway, I want to help other sufferers. I have been at rock-bottom, and considered suicide a few times, although I never attempted it. So I can relate to you guys, and how you are feeling.

I hope I can offer some support and advice to you all!

My best wishes!

Jon

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How'd you do it???
    • Posted

Hi kitty,

I read self help for your nerves by dr claire weekes, over and over. I also got help from a former sufferer who recovered by using her method. He now has a clinic where hes been helping other people overcome their suffering by using dr weekes method!

Jon

• Posted

Hi Jonjones, It's great that your sharing your experiences with this forum and i cogratulate you for coming through this illness. It is an inspiration to hear from you and i am sure it will give people some hope. I have had depression for years and recently started with anxiety. I am taking Citalopram and it has taken the edge off. I am feeling quite good at the moment and am hoping i will stay stable. I hope you continue to feel good. Thanking you for your thoughtfulness in wanting to help other people.
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks! Good to hear you are feeling ok. I recommend you worn on building your confidence as much as possible!

Jon

• Posted

Yes i will do. I will also look into reading the self help book you read by Dr Claire Weekes. 
  • Posted

Hi Jon.  Thanks for posting a happy story.  It's great to hear the positives too.  I've just had a few sessions of EMDR and after 28 years of anxiety and panic attacks I feel as though I'm 95% better.  Still got a tiny way to go but just about there.  I think it helps for people to know that you can get better and that actually there are a lot of different things to try.  I'm glad that you found your way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.