Overdose. (4300mg)

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently took 43 100mg Sertraline/Zoloft tablets (4300mg) and at first I was okay but then I have started getting extremely unbearable abdomen pains and I can feel my heart beating strangely. I am also really drowsy and feel faint. I washed it down with lemon squash.

I have attempted an overdose before but it wasn't as much, what should I do now? Tell my parents or just leave it to settle on it's own? 

In my eyes the dosage is too low ): But please can I have some advice on how bad you guys think it is and whether or not I should go to the hospital?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Imo, I would suggest that you get medical treatment immediately. I, too, have attempted to kill myself via various methods - including a few unsuccessful ODs. Judging by your comments, I believe you have been impulsive and probably don't want to die - I am not being patronising BTW - the concern which you mentioned is that these sorts of tablets in a big quantity can cause all sorts of heart problems. I know, as I was kept in for monitoring after my carer found me unconscious - the hospital informed me that I may well have caused some permanent heart damage, although, 12 months on I'm fine. After this last OD, I re-evaluated my life and the reason for my persistent suicidal behaviour. The conclusion I came to, is that I chose to live. Yes, life is a constant struggle with BPD and other related conditions, but I know that I made the right choice. Please let someone know what you have done, as you will need to be checked over for any potential damage. Take care and I hope you are OK.

• Posted

Hi Adeline

It sounds like your at a very low point in your life. The fact that you have put on a message here suggests your reaching out for help.

I am not sure what age you are. I honestly feel you really need to go to hospital to be checked over.

Is there another family member you can confide in.

It would also be advisable to contact an out of hours GP.

I sense many fears in telling your parents they love you and want to help.

Has something happened Adeline there are therapists there is also free helpline like the Samaritians and Lifeline.

Big hugs Adeline let us know how you go.

Your not alone and others do care.

• Posted

I am 15 years and 8 months old.  And I am currently under a service called CAMHS.
    • Posted

Adeline

Yes I have heard of CHAMS is it possible to contact someone today to get help.

Are you at school is there a teacher you like trust that you could talk too. I know many schools have counsellors these days.

I hope you have managed to get checked over Adeline and the stomach cramps have settled.

Keep in touch let us know how things are going for you.

It's okay not to be okay having depression anxiety is very very common.

Remember your loved and others do care.

Sharon x

• Posted

Adeline

Your profile says you have PTSD and depression I also suffer with PTSD too and depression.

There is good help available sertaline did not work for me at all in fact made me worse. I nearly had a breakdown last year and have since been off them.

One of the side effects of sertaline is increased suicidal tendencies.

It would really be of benefit to speak with your mental health professional to have a review of your medication.

Sharon xx

• Posted

Hi Adeline

I really hope you sought help and went to the hospital. It’s sounds like you were feeling very desperate. I’ve been there myself and know how it feels. But please do try and talk to someone, I know how hard it can be but even if you don’t want to talk to your parents talk to a friend. There is help out there. Sometimes we just don’t know how to ask for it. 

I wish you the best Adeline

Take care

Lisa 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.