Overdose advice

Posted , 6 users are following.

Currently sat with 30 40mg citalopram tablets 10 ibuprofen and 10 paracetamol so close to taking them just don't know what to do anymore. Anyone listening?

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Nicola, I suggest you dial 116 123 if you're in UK or 1-800-273-8255 if in USA. There are people there who are willing to listen.

• Posted

I took two boxes of Paracetamol a couple of weeks ago along with half bottle of vodka. Dont do it, it is the most horrible experience, I went into vomiting siezures, thrashing my legs around to distract my mind from the terrible sickness of being poisoned, it is a horrible way to go, probably you dont even die, you throw up to much and just keep enough pioson in you to make your body permanently ill.

How old are you?

• Posted

I remember I was going to commit suicide as a birthday present to myself on my 21st birthday.

I am old now and acknowledge it is too late for my dreams to come true, but you are young, just around the corner something really nice will probably occur in your life and you wont be around to experience it, at least wait to see what the winning numbers are before you throw your lottery ticket away!

Why are you so sad anyway?

• Posted

Nicola my heart goes out to you, it truly does, please phone a helpline & talk to someone about what has you feeling the way you do at the minute.  Please xx

• Posted

Good woman Nicola for letting me/us know you are listening.  Well done.  I have to tell you I have really bad anxiety at the minute and not sleeping too well and I wake every few hours and guess what I thought every time I woke last night,  you, I prayed that you would talk to someone, I found it a great help when I did, the hardest thing I found was to tell someone I wasn't great (anxiety) but once I started the floodgates opened I nearly flooded the room with tears! So please, you are great to post here so that gives me hope you will take the next step and either lift a phone to a helpline or just talk to someone. Please 💐

• Posted

You'll just hurt yourself, that's not enough to kill yourself, believe me I've tried. There's no way out of this hell.

• Posted

Hi Nicola,

If you wanted to share with us why you are feeling this way, maybe us older ones could help you in some way?

Hope you are feeling a bit better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.