Overdose information

Posted , 8 users are following.

What I am wondering - is what are the symptoms of ibupophren over dose?

Paracetomol sounds awful. 

What happens to the body when you overdose of ibuphrophen? 

I know what happens in paracetamol is it the same?

Just simply what happens - how long does it take for a person to die? etc as I ve heard with paracetamol it can take 10 days and the person dies in agony. 

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Sphrah.....Please don't go there....I have no idea what agony the body must go through re this....Only i am certain it is pretty horrid and painful and one might not even die as a result.Please reach out and get the help you need.Sending love to you x x
  • Posted

Hello Sphrah, Please  get help ring Samaritians, overdosing is not the answer.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

its gonna happen one way or the other and im just trying to figure out the least painful way like most would. been talking to samiritans for years. done it all. samiritans dont mind if i do it, they understand. dam this stupid country for letting people end their lives when they want to. its the last taboo and people need to get over it. 
  • Posted

not letting. I could donate all my organs and give life to people who actually have a future. im making everyones lives worse by being alive. this is hell and i want out. where is my freedom as a human being to decide my own fate? argh 
  • Posted

Hello sphrah95270, good post from you. but too many variables...it may take me 3 days to die of overdose, a week or more for someone else...The pain from the tablets is probably a lot worse than my pancreatitis....(it bl00dy hurts), but with bufren and paracetamol, once the absorbtion is past a certain point, a rather painful death is inevitable.........However, I am most surprised that the nursing staff would let a patient die in prolonged agony, (unless they are spiteful sadists), and would have thought a little morphone might help the patients passing.......dont quote me, i retired from the profession a long time ago, and am absolutely appalled with the standards of care and caring today.....GOD help me when MY time comes round...hope i cheered you up, yours, Howard. midlands, UK.
    • Posted

Guys Medically, this is what it does..

"This medicine may also cause serious effects on the stomach or intestines, including bleeding or perforation (forming of a hole). These conditions can be fatal and can occur without warning while you are taking ibuprofen, especially in older adults."

Agree with gash - it could take days or weeks as the hole could infect the intestines and gangrene.. etc etc

It hits Kidneys, lungs, intestines, nerves and can cause heart attack. BUT how quick and I'll bet $$ its VERY painful way 2 go.

Your organs won't be donatable.

Yep you can definitly make your own descision just like anyone smile BUT

• Posted

HI yeah I liked your reply - there is nothing worse than "turn to Jesus" or "it will get better I promise" etc blah blah blah. Yeah I guess whatever I do its gonna hurt - if I hit it big time - no way back I will take 100's. Im sure they will give me morphine -  but I think I will take enough at the time so Im not hanging around being a pain for too long and hopefully unconsious.

been on a waiting list to see someone re mental for six months!! they know Im suicidal. Mental health care in the UK is an embarassment. 

• Posted

Cheers. boss. Mental healthcare certainly is a postcode lottery, however, there are good and bad staff in alll professions, I must say, but there is NOT the essence of care that was fundamental to the nursing annd medical professions as there was when I was younger...It's only my opinion, mind you, and we are all entitled to an opinion, just as we all have the right to decide what we do with our lives. Good luch, old chum, I wish I was as sreong as you, cheers from Howard in the midlands. XX
    • Posted

I can't believe you have been on the waiting list to see someone in mental health for 6 months ( please don't take me literally I am NOT calling you a liar). I went to my GP on 7th jan told him I want to die, a referral done spoken to from mental health team in 6 hours of seeing GP, face to face assessment within 3 day, and today 23 days later to see consultant psychiatrist. I recommend you follow up and check they have a referral. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hello, I cannot stop you taking your own life but i can tell you it destroyed mine and my young childrens lives. He is out of pain now and i couldn't save him, but he has left us with a life time of pain and memories we cannot erase. I have had Counselling and therapies and i have been suicidal myself. I have depression and anxiety and now am disabled too. What keeps me going is my children and grandchildren, no matter how i feel i could not take my life and put my children through that again and my grandchildren. I know you are not interested in my life but these posts bring back my helplessness, and i know i cannot save your life only you can.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth. 

• Posted

Hi 

well I got to the counter to buy the pills for the overdose, quite stoicly. It was a pretty bad depression. This was only last Friday. No one could tell what I was doing, it wasnt a pharmastist just the local shop and they guy would think twice if i asked for three or four boxes of different stuff pretending my family all had colds - anyway just as I was about to ask this lady - tapped me on the shoulder and said "you look really, stress, everythings going to be ok you know" - it was the strangest thing - the rest of it is all pretty personal - yet I am still here. I cant believe it got that bad. I think I dont get good help from mental health services in this area because its a posh area and there is no compassion and people with mental health problems are looked down on.

• Posted

oh and in the name of free speech i poltilely wish that other comment hadnt been removed by a moderator (big brother) smile. i can handle information otherwise i wouldnt write on here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.