Overdose of Fluoxetine

Posted , 5 users are following.

How bad would an overdose of this drug be? Amount is 16 tablets swallowed with alcohol. Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi there darklight

Let's put it this way, if anyone is serious enough about suicide they won't post here or anywhere asking for help.

However, if you are concerned or are having 2nd thoughts I'd suggest you go straight to A&E and let them decide.

Melbi x

• Posted

Bit harsh.But very true!
  • Posted

The truth hurts?

:roll:

Melbi x

• Posted

No reply on how harmfull this would be?
  • Posted

Hi there Darklight

As I have already mentioned, you would need to contact a GP or medical person.

You could ring NHS Direct on 0845 4747, you can do this anonymously.

For more information on Flouxetine (Click Here)

Melbi

• Posted

Hello Darklight,

Prozac is one of the brand names under which Fluoxetine is sold. You ask what damage can occur by taking 16 tablets with alcohol?

In Toowoomba, Australia, several years ago, a 73 year old man suffering early stages of dementia forgot he had taken his tablet, and by the tablets left in the bottle he appears to have taken 5. He murdered his wife with an axe and will never come out of the institution in which he has been incarcerated. This is a true story.

Please don't mess with dangerous chemicals or exceed the recommended dosage. Apart from the possibility of brain damage or other accidental injury to yourself you run the risk of hurting innocent others. Adding alcohol to the mix is just plain dumb.

• Posted

Darklight

Don't you think that you are being irresponsible asking such a question?

Most people who come onto this site are trying to get better, improve their lives and do something about it - not seek ways to end it all on the medication that they have been prescribed.

• Posted

Isn't it funny how everyone jumps to the conclusion that i am wanting/trying to kill myself!! This is not the case.
  • Posted

Well if you have accidentally taken all those tablets why are you messing around on the computer instead of seeking swift medical attention.

You sound like a troll and as such you do not warrant the attention you seem to be getting.

• Posted

Always stick to the instructions on a drug packet and do not deviate ... full stop!

Taking alcohol with any drug is not recommended ..... full stop!

• Posted

[quote:44f29a535e=\"darklight\"]Isn't it funny how everyone jumps to the conclusion that i am wanting/trying to kill myself!! This is not the case.[/quote:44f29a535e]

Hi again Darklight

I'm sorry that you feel everyone has jumped to the wrong conclusion with regards to your first post here and on another forum but when you post such comments without any explanation it does come across as someone who is asking because they or someone they know has done what you posted.

Perhaps you could explain your reason for asking the question in the first place so people can give you some reasonable and accurate information/advice or help.

Melbi

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.