Overdosing

Posted , 9 users are following.

So tempted to take an overdose of ibuprofen and aripiprazole don't know what to do anymore

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hannah, overdosing on tablets is not the answer to your problems, you need help! now you can phone the Samaritans who will listen to you and talk, you should go to A&E or contact your local mental health crisis team if you are in the UK.

Attempting suicide will only bring heartache and distress to your loved ones, reach out to them.

You don't give much of a background to what has brought you to this forum and to the post so perhaps write about what's been going on, the meds your on, as much as you can and folk here will support you, have strength and faith in your ability to get through this, suicide will not give you the opportunity to recover which you will if you seek and get the right help.

Please post and tell us what's on your mind. Neil 

• Posted

Hannah please do not do that.  I know you may feel there is no other choice.  But I'm telling you there is.  You need to see your doctor.  You are important your life is important. Please reach out snd ask for help. Xxxxx

• Posted

Please, please don't Hannah. I know how dark you feel, trust me, I've been there. Always try and remember that tomorrow might be better. And if not then, perhaps the day after. 

Talk to those around you. If you feel you can't, call the Samaritons: 116 123. Call you doctor today. 

You will get better, you just need to give it a chance. Sending you love.

• Posted

Please do not overdose. If you swallow all of those pills, and are lucky enough to be saved, I believe you'll have to have your stomach pumped. Suicide is a forever solution for temporary thoughts and feelings. Feelings and thoughts pass... part of life is experiencing ups and downs. No one feels great all if the time. It's just not possible. I am on aripiprazole too. 30 mg. It's really helped me a lot over the years. What specifically is happening to make you feel like overdosing? I hope you feel better. 

• Posted

In clinical trials and in postmarketing experience, adverse reactions of deliberate or accidental overdosage with oral ABILIFY have been reported worldwide. These include overdoses with oral ABILIFY alone and in combination with other substances. No fatality was reported with ABILIFY alone. 
  • Posted

Hi Hannah, I noticed from previous post you did take an overdose but after advise you went to A&E and got the okay. If your considering another then you need to phone A&E again or any numbers they gave you on being discharged. 

Whats your story Hannah maybe we can help you on this forum? 

Neil 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.