Overexposed vision

Posted , 3 users are following.

I posted this in the migraine forum but i don't know if that is the case. I try to post it here as well to see i somebody recognize the symptoms:

I've been having these strange vision problems since 2016. Doctors have checked my brain and my eyes but hasn't found anything. It started with the typical retinal migraine symptoms with zigzag flashing lines. but the last year, vision just becomes brighter and unfocused. It only last a couple of minutes and it comes without a warning. It's only my left eye thats affected. It usually happens monthly. Does anyone recognize this? I've tried to make an image in photoshop of what it looks like. Sometimes the lights shimmer.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes I had this for years. Very hard to describe it but I get exactly what you are talking about. Only met one or two others with this particular issue. I had an extreme migraine syndrome associated with auto immune disease. After long treatment I am in remission and don't get it any more.

• Posted

Sounds like ocular migraines, they cause zig zag lines, almost prism looking followed by migraines. Typically occurs in just one eye. Usually after going from dim lighting to bright light.

• Posted

I don't get any headache after. That is why i'm thinking it might be something else. I've also noticed that i have slightly less focus on the left eye.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.