Overgrowth of Citrobacter Freundii

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been having gut issues for a while now. I'm also going through perimenopause so its hard to know what symptoms are contributing from what. But lately, my gut has been in so much distressed from severe nausea , bloating, severe constipation ( if i have a bm I have to take something) , everything i eat or drink makes me feel so ill in the gut , lost weight and cant seem to gain any back. I had a colonoscopy and endoscope done back in 2017 and was diagnoised with hiatal hernia, gerd and gastritis. The gut issues has been ongoing since though there were times of remission. Lately, its been awful. I had a comprehensive gut test done by my dr who does intergrative medicine and the it says that I have too many bad bacteria and not enough good. She thinks that my issues are coming from the bacteria citrobacter F , test shows lots of inflammation in gut, and I'm missing an enzyme which is needed to control inflammation. Has anyone else ever had an overgrowth of this bacteria?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry that you are suffering so much from your IBS-c, overgrowth of unfriendly bacteria, and inflammation problems. I have had some similar symptoms for a very very long time. Over a year ago when my GI gave me a breath test, it revealed overgrowth of bacteria in my intestines. He gave me a course of antibiotics for it. I frequently use probiotics to promote healthy gut bacteria. Please consult with your doctor to deal with the unfriendly bacteria. Good luck to you and hope that you feel better soon.

• Posted

It's not just the overgrowth I'm dealing with But perimenopause at the same time. im waiting for my customized supplements to get here that my Dr had to order. He did not want to give me antibiotics in which I agree. They always irritate my gut .. but the order seem to be taking forever . She told me to stop all probiotics because I have to take the right strain according to my test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.