Overheating with Graves Disease

Posted , 3 users are following.

I wonder if anyone else suffers from overheating with Graves/ Hyperthyroidism?

I can sense that I am starting to get very how - this makes me feel lightheaded and unwell. This feeling continues for a few minutes and then when the heat 'breaks' I feel really hungry. This is then followed by an upset stomach. After this I then feel absolutely fine - it is really odd. My endocrinologist said this can be a symptom of an overactive metabolism resulting from hyperthyroid.

Does anyone else get the same or something similar? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

.......   Are you kidding ....  overheating is probably a biggie if not THE biggie  on the scale of Graves Hyper symptoms !

For years I did not know WHY I was Drenched in perspiration every hour of every day ... and my stupid doctor said it was just my age ! 

He did not know WHY  my arms hands neck and voice had tremor 

Constantly .

He did not know why my head and body hair was falling out daily ... I could go on and on .. ..

But ... I loved watching his face when a dermatologist I went to for skin rash related to sweating so much , wrote  to  him to tell him quite unequivocallly  that I had Graves’ disease !!!

He was Not happy at being told his job !

Anyway a   blood test confirmed the diagnosis and recovery was 

Started ...

And I am not Euthyroid !

Your symptoms are A  typical of Graves’ disease Yes !    So with the correct meds to lower the thyroid hormone and a regime of taking lost vitamins minerals and nutrients  .. you can replace

In your body all that Graves has taken from it .. and begin to get your life and your good health back again

Luv mx🌹

• Posted

Sorry ....  NOW  EUTHYROID 

MX🌹

• Posted

Thanks Madge.

I has a similar situation with my eyes. I have been attending the eye clinic for about 18 months with dry, gritty eyes. I have had pain at night when my eye has dried out, which now transpires is when the tissues are inflamed behind my eye and the eyelid cannot shut fully. I had several tests and dealt with the discomfort of having my tear ducts sealed with plugs as he thought it was Dry Eye Syndrome. Fortunately I didn't agree to having the tear ducts cauterised, which is irreversible.

The endocrinologist is certain that this is part of the Graves Disease and is astounded that at no point did he do a blood test as she thinks it is a text book case. I will share this at my annual review next month!

It seems that a random series of issues that I have had over time, including tremors, dry skin, dry eyes, swollen ankles and a general feeling of being unwell/ being lethargic all now fit. Although I am not over the moon to have Graves, at least I know what is wrong and can try to do something about it.

• Posted

Oh dear ..they study for such along time ... and many of them think! That’s it !

And never think outside the box again !

When I told my doctor  that I was refusing RAI TREATMENT TO DESTROY MY Thyroid Gland and I would also refuse Surgery ... he looked at me as tho I was entirely Mad !

I explained that I would have no intention of destroying my Thyroid Gland ...... since it was not my Thyroid that was the priblem  ....  

but my Immune System   ...

which appeared

to have started attacking it !!

And so it would be my Immune System that I would be treating !

He scoffed and said  ... Huh !  I think you’ll find that’s  MUCH

TO O  COMPLICATED !

I scoffedbsck and said ... well I’m going to try it !!

And when I asked his  advice on Vitamins and minerals ... he said 

..... my beliefs are based on science !!!!

I said that mine were too .. what’s not scientific about

Taking  Aprin or vitamin D ?

He did test my vitamin and mineral levels which helped set me off on MY recovery .. 

And he did allow my blood results to be printed whenever I wanted them so that I could file them and give a copy to my Private Endocrinologist !

So ... that’s when I began to build up my immune system and  replenish all that a crazy metabolism and out of kilter Thyroid  had used up ..  ie ... I was running on empty .

I was in tremendous pain from 

Very hungry muscles  in my limbs,  hands and feet ..

My skin resembled a snakes  and  my voice was slurring and I choked easily on food .

I could hardly think straight and sometimes I could not think of simple words like cat or dog ....

My gait was compromised so much I felt I wobbled .

And yes ..... my eyes !  They felt like someone threw sand in

them !

Always reddened and itchy too.

I asked  the Dr . For  antibiotic drops ....... but he said no ....I did not have an infection !

So I bought Antibiotic drops  over the counter whilst living in Athens .. which relieved  my painful eyes .    Only very ocassionally  do I ever use them now .

Slowly , after feeding and calming my immune system , replenishing it’s stock of vital ingredients ,  it began to make me well again !

This is no big deal ...  there is no need to go on strange and wonderful diets .. just eat  what they would describe as a Mediterranean  diet with fresh fruits and vegetable   Olive oil, fish , seafood and plenty of protein seeds nuts and whatever is good for our bodies ..

THISE are the things that will make  you well again .. Thise and 

The willpower to become you again .. and if your doctor won’t help you ... then empower yourself to do it ... for YOU !

Good luck

Mx🌹

• Posted

Sorry .. forgot

Selenium is great for the eyes in Graves’ disease

Mx🌹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.