Overian cyst or overian cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone give me advise I have been suffering from a pressure feeling in my tummy for over 3 weeks, I had a ten day break of the dull ache and then it came back again.. it's just on one side were my right overy is. I have had a flexi camarea up my bum and it was all clear and had all my blood tests come back normal which is CEA CA125 and CRP and a full blood count. The doctor is now sending me for an internal scan to check for cysts but I am so worried incase it's overian camcer or cervical cancer.

It's not a sharp pain just dull so I know it's there constantly. I have had cysts before but never had dull aches or pains at all. Would something of shown in my bloods if it was something sinister? I feel sick with worry.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura

I had a 10cm cyst removed last sept, l had been getting dull ache inleft side by the overy for years. It was put done to I b s it all came to a head last Jan when I was doubled up with pain ,the doctor thought divertiultus and gave me antibiotics . This happened three times the last time when it had settled down the doctor felt my tum and could feel somthing she thought a cyst , l had blood tests normal but when I went for a scan they found the cyst. I know it's worrying the first thing that came into my head was cancer ,try not to worry cyst cause all sorts of different symptoms . Let me know how you get on. Karen x

• Posted

Arh thank you Karen i have been beside my self woth worry as the pain is just constantly dull for days on end.. I have also been worrying if it's my bowel as well but have had a camera and all looked normal but today I found a bit of blood but apparently everyone cam have a bit of blood after a number 2! Overian cancer scares me so much.. I just keep thinking surely something would of shown on my bloods of there was anything sinister.. I am going back tomorrow but think I am going to pay private to get to the bottom of it all. Was your pain a dull ache like someone poking you x

• Posted

Hi Laura. I had the same pain. It was constant pressure, tended to build more as the day went on and by most evenings I had to lay flat. It was 2 cysts I had on my right ovary. No cancer. It’s good they are checking for cycats in you! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.