Overnight lump appearance

Posted , 4 users are following.

I woke up with a hurting in my right breast but didn't think much of it. 2 h later I hopped in the shower where I discovered a avocado pit sized lump next to my nipple! I threw up from shock... It hurts to touch and is located quite deep. had a shower the night before and everything was fine. I have never had any tests done except for self examining since I'm only 18 years old. I am very very scared and can't seem to find any information online. please help

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

A lump that comes up that quickly and is very painful may be an infection, like an abscess. Something like that needs antibiotics usually so see your doctor. Breast cancer does not usually make itself known in this way, however it is always best to put your mind at ease by seeing a doctor.

• Posted

Hi Est relax!

Breast cancer does not present with a fast growing painful mass. This sounds more like an abscess. You need to be seen immediately for a history, physical exam, and possibly imaging studies.

Please let us know what the clinician finds, and how you are treated. If you have an abscess, it would be treated with antibiotics.

I am a Nurse Practitioner in the States, have had breast cancer, with an excellent prognosis, and used to be in charge of breast clinics, in which I would perform many breast exams and order imaging tests or biopsies, based on my findings.

It could be an inflamed gland, if the mass is by your aereola, the pink area surrounding your nipple. If it hurts, it is not breast cancer.

Best Wishes

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Thank you so much for tanking the time to reply! I am much calmer now 😃 But nonetheless I am making an appointment for a doctor to see whats up. Will check back! xxxx

• Posted

Absolutely, you need to see a clinician ASAP!

I am glad we could help you calm down. We are here on earth to help each other out!

Best Wishes ❣️

Merry Juliana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.