Overthinking symptoms for years - last 6 months were the worst

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

So where do i start? 

I think a lot, i over think everything, especially every little physical feeling i get in my body. I have this condition, i dont know when it started but it is gettig worse. 

Most of the times now i am dizzy and light headed, i have experienced headaches, body aches, numbness, stomachache, back pain, hands and legs pain, eyes bluriness, ... basically eveything that can go wrong in a human's body is happenjng to me. 

I have seen 2 neurologists, 1 gastro doctor. Done IRM to my stomach and back, everything is fine. 

The neurologist didnt even see a need for an irm. 

I have even seen a psychologist. Nothing helped. 

I dont know why i am writting this but i am hoping someone can help me or guide me in the right direction. 

Is it possible that all the systoms above are from depression/anxiety/stress? 

What should i do?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Panic attacks,  stress and anxiety is what I think you have.  You need to forget these as best you can and go out as often as you can.  I can talk I do exactly the same.  I have learnt to walk lots,  relax,  use pilates and yoga and dark chocolate to stop some of the depression type feelings.  Good luck it's tough but you know if goings are wrong. 

• Posted

Hi Joe

Hypersensitive to your Anxiety. Or health anxiety. You need to get diagnosed by a mental health professional. I'm not a doctor but I over think everything too and think alot I focus on my physical symptoms too. I'm hyper aware of them even so I Google alot. If I get a chest pain I will Google search it. If I get ear pain, head pain, leg pain, eye pain. Anything no matter how small it may be I end up searching it. I had read a article about being hypersensitive to my Anxiety. Which means we focus alot on our symptoms. sadI have GAD. Which is what causes the over thinking and worrying about everything. Health anxiety means if you think your symptoms could be other things and not anxiety.  Any thing that it is needs to be treated. 👍Get diagnosed  you will get help. If your psychologist is not helping you change them. With the right therapist you will begin to feel better. I hope. Good Luck?

• Posted

I think you might be dealing with anxiety ,but I am not a Dr.

I doubt that it is depression as these don't sound at all like the things I felt with depression.

Please see your Dr and try to get a referral to a phsyciatrist as one may be able to determine the nature of your problem.

Good luck and keep reaching out to others as they may have some answers.

• Posted

Hi Joe - i just saw an episode of Dr Phil where the guest was a woman who has spent years claiming multitude illnesses that don't exist. No matter how many tests - 67 in just three days; how many ambulance rides - at least one a week; multiple ER presentations over years; and five plane rides from NY to LA - she claimed her lungs would burst if she was on any plane for more than two hours and made 5 landings for a total of 18 hours travel - no matter how many tests that proved her wrong, she chose to ignore multiple doctors and screeds of evidence that none of her assertions were correct. Dr Phil's diagnosis? An anxiety disorder brought on by the fact her mother died of cancer and was not diagnosed until it was too late. See your doc about the possibility of an anxiety disorder and get a referral for therapy. Obsessing over things that don't exist/will never happen is a complete waste of time and life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.