Overwhelmed.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello fellow stenosisites.

I am reaching out from a level of pain that is challenging my will to live. I have cancer, emphysema and a brain injury. I have recently completed a 30 day treatment of radiation and am fatigued both from the radiation and from the brain injury. I am still working, but go through the day disoriented and struggling with the pain in my body. Some days are OK, others are like torture; today I pulled a muscle in my back and I have scarring in my lung from many bouts of pneumonia. I have to stay sometimes extra hours to complete my tasks at work. Thank God I have a job! I haven't yet reached the point of going for surgery - Im still in the stage where I can get by with shots and OTC meds....

I have done a year of PT for brain injury, but still feel brain fog and lots of migraines. I am ashamed to admit it, but some days I beg God to just let me die. I have a wonderful son, five awesome siblings and neices and nephews I adore. I know I need to stick around for them as long as I can. I also work with one of the best flamenco dancers in the US ( I am music director of her dance company). So I have plenty to live for. I just get to the point where the pain is so intense I wonder how long I can go on like this. I am shattered! I had a near death experience 40 years ago, and I learned that my life isn't mine to end... my grandfather commited suicide in his 30s, also uncles and cousins. I sincerely don't want to disappoint the Light who loved me so much during that experience. Since then I have had the gift of seeing into the future and what I know and see takes me to a level of both ineffable beauty and wonder, as well as despair and terror. I dont expect any answers, I am simply putting myself out there to break my feelings of isolation. I am 66, have never attempted suicide, but good Lord, how much can a human being endure? The answer: WAY more than anyone would ever want to deal with, haha. Bless you all in your own Olympics of pain!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.