Ovestin

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi can anybody tell me if they are inserting Ovestin? My gynecologist prescribed it to me last year as my cervix was thinning. I have been a bit afraid to use it because of cancer risk. I have been using Replens, but would like to know what other people think.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hi Louisa

I have been using a similar pessary style oestrogen replacement called Vagifem. similar to inserting a tampon and then you click the device so the tablet is released. Made a big difference to me, and pap smears much less painful.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. The gynaecologist did say that the wall of my cervix was thinning so I think I will give it a try.

• Posted

the risk of cancer is very low. You need to be fully informed, but the dosing of the pessary i take is very small, and i only use it twice a week (you can build up and take it daily for a few weeks and then just twice a week). Obviously you are taking a different one to me but the outcome is the same. you might feel a little discomfort initially because of the thinning cervical/vaginal walls, but it improved things dramatically for me. Good luck.

• Posted

I have been using ovestin for almost a year now and it is my miracle cure! I was having vaginal dryness, painful sex and UTIs and ovestin solved all that within a matter of weeks. No more UTIs, vagina and vulva nice and plump and juicy and looking many years younger. You need to do your research, but if you don't have the time, I've already done it all. Ovestin contains estriol which is the protective estrogen so, unlike estradiol and estrone found in other HRT treatments and which increase the likelihood of cancer and cardiovascular problems, estriol protects against cancer and cardivascular problems. You can use it without any worries.

• Posted

Suki thank you so much for this information. You have put my mind at rest. I see my GP tomorrow and will get my prescription topped up.

• Posted

They have done a lot of research on this in Japan and estriol is considered safe there, in fact beneficial. Also it is only needed in very small concentrations to do its thing.

• Posted

HI

I Have just started using it, the pharmacist says i only fill the top part of the applicator.

i think this is wrong, i have contacted my doctor, i am waiting for him to contact me.

any help would be appreciated

junie

• Posted

Yes, you push the plunger in until it clicks, then pull it down until it stops, leaving a short section at the top that you fill (there should be a line indicating where you fill to).

• Posted

Ovestin worked fantastically for me. Within a few weeks my vagina was more elastic, moist and plump. It looked years younger! Sex was amazing again (intact it seemed to make me more sensitive). No worries about cancer. Ovestin contains the protective estrogen estriol which is found in women during pregnancy and actually protects against cancer and cardiovascular problems. This has been well demonstrated in scientific studies. The risky estrogens found in other HRT are estradiol and estrogen- those are the ones that increase the risk of cancer and cardiovascular issues.

• Posted

sorry, I realise I already replied to you. How did you get on?

• Posted

I have been using it now for a couple of months and there has been a difference. Feel so much better I have my smear test today so hopefully my cervix has healed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.