Ovestin

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been using Ovestin successfully for six years and have never had a problem.

About three weeks ago i noticed a really bad burning sensation almost immediately after inserting it. I managed to speak to a Dr this morning and he has changed my prescription o Vagifem.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had these issues and has Ovestin changed the ingredients? The pharmacist seemed to suggest they had.

Any advice would be very welcome.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

im not a great expert on it but i was prescibed a couple of weeks ago i had instant burning so stopped immediately just assumed i was allergic to the cream, also ended up with thrush! so im not sure others on here may have more of an insight.

• Posted

I had the same problem. Used it successfully and then it started burning so i went back to vagifem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.