Ovulation Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, I have extremely painful ovulation lasting from 7 to 10 days and was just wondering if anyone else has found any treatments that can help you cope? Due to an existing medical issue I can not use certain contraception that could stop me ovulating.

I do have mild endo but my periods haven't caused me any issues for years it's just this damn ovulation.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

I also suffer with terrible ovulation pains that last month lasted for 1 1/2 weeks with bad pelvic / hip pain and lower back pain.  I started my periods on Sunday and during this time I don't have pain and they only last for 1 1/2 - 2 days.  I haven't been diagnosed with endo but 3 days ago I started the contraceptive Qlair to stop my ovulation.  I am waiting to see if this has any impact on the pain.  I'm sorry I can't give advise on a treatment to help with the pain but just know you're not alone. 

• Posted

Hi Jodi, thanks for your reply. Your pain sounds exactly like mine. Can I ask your age? I turn 43 next week. My pain first started at 15, 3 years after my periods first began and lasted 48 hours each month until after the birth of my son almost 12 years ago and since then it's been horrendous. I did have Depo provera injections for a while but it didn't suit me and for medical reasons cannot take the pill. I was told I had mild endo a year after the birth of my son and last year was offered a hysterrectomy but I just didn't feel ready to loose my ovaries for an instant menopause despite the amount of pain I am in. I hope you find some relief from the pill. Stay in touch and let me know how you get on. X
    • Posted

Hi Lisa,

I am 38 years old.  Wishing you a happy and pain free birthday next week!!  I don't remember having pain as a teenager, my pain all started after the birth of my second son.  I also had the Depo Provera injection once but it didn't work well with me - bad moods etc.  How did you get diagnosed with endo - have you had a laparoscopy? 

I saw a dr last week and he told me that I don't have the typical symptoms of endo therefore he doesn't think I have it.  Just because I don't have painful / heavy periods and it doesn't hurt during sex 100 % of the time.  I have another appointment with a different dr in 2 weeks and that is when I should be ovulating so hopefully he will be more thorough and sympathetic.

Please stay in touch and let me know how you decide to go forward with your treatment.

• Posted

Good morning, yes I had my 2nd laproscopy a year after having my son that's when I was told and showed the images of the chocolate filled cysts in my pelvic cavity. I had my first laproscopy in my twenties and nothing was found. I was put on a 6 month course of Zoladex ( this puts you in a medically induced menopause) after the second lap I didn't cope well and stopped the injections after 3 months. My 3rd laparoscopy was 5 years ago but this time nothing was found ( the 3 months of Zoladex must of dispersed the cysts) but that was 5 years ago I think the endo has come back but all I was offered was a hysterectomy which doesn't generally cure endo. Yes hopefully my Birthday won't be spoilt I will be due my period then that I can cope with. Like you were saying not everyone with endo has bad painful periods I used to in my teens and a fir a while after having my son but for me the mid cycle pain is far worse. Yes I would like to keep in touch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.