Ovulation pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Lately I have been skipping periods since the end of last year. I had my period in October and then went 45 days before I saw the next one. Then I went 47 days and saw one in January now it's been 69 days since I had one. Haven't had the next one yet. My gynecologist said that my blood came back normal but because I'm skipping periods it sounds like I'm in pre menopause. But yesterday I started having what feels like ovulation pain. I have pressure and gas on the left side of my lower back and I can feel the same sensation in the front on that side where my ovary is. Has anyone else gotten ovulation pain with this pain in the back feeling?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes I've had that it woke me up in the night as it was quite painful and I wondered what it was?! I haven't had it since but I stopped having periods over a year ago but I'm still on the mini pill so I guess until I stop taking the pill then I'll know for sure if I'm in menopause as the pill I'm does tend to stop your periods.

😃

• Posted

That's so funny; yesterday I saw ovulation fluid for the first time literally since September, which was when I last had a period. (This is the longest I've gone without one so far. I'm 52.) And then later in the day I had exactly that same feeling of pressure and gas in my left lower back area (really my buttock). I thought it was from eating a lot of fiber yesterday. But maybe it was the ovulation! I am really hoping I don't get a period after this because I am so ready to be done with it all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.