Ovulation symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello all,

I hope you are doing well and staying safe. I had a quick question. Do you sometimes get really bloated and experience heartburn during ovulation? This round of ovulation seems to be taking me through the ringer. I wonder if this will soon be my last period. Anyone else get this?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Edited

I posted about this the other day.

Im really struggling it's been going on for days 😡

Last month I had it for a week then got a period after the last 1 in april but it was only for a few days.

I have awful pain top middle stomach, bloating,chest pain ( i think its indigestion),back pain,feel not quite with it a bit like you do when you have a virus,pain in my right shoulder and in left arm,headache,internal shakes etc etc etc the list is never ending !!

• Edited

Oh my gosh you just described me, all of what you said plus I also have the crashing fatigue that just grips me out of nowhere. I am so glad for this forum. I can always rest assured that someone is in my shoes this week.

• Edited

Its really scary especially with what's going on at the moment,my anxiety is really bad !! I'm thinking do I have covid 19 or am I going to have an heart attack !!!! I'm really hoping it is hormones and it passes whether I have a period or not but I dont want to have to go through this every month its torture 😔

• Edited

I get those thoughts too that something sinister is going on but praying and relying on God is what keeps me going.

• Edited

Hi, for the last 3 months my symptoms round ovulation time have become worse. I've started with bad heartburn acid feelings again. Have had the feeling of heartburn with nausea. Pain in shoulder and breathlessness. Started acid meds again and they help a little bit not enough to stop the anxiety. Also get crashing fatigue and just feel horrendous. This lasts during ovulation normally. But this month its continued to flare. Has anyone found anything that helps? It's a relief to hear other people get this too.

• Edited

Oh wow, this is exactly what I have been going through for the past few weeks now. Right before my period two and a half weeks ago I was fatigued, had heartburn, gassy, nauseous, head and face had pins and needles feeling. Then once my period started there was some relief. But once my period ended I had this horrible bout of gas and bloating and heartburn with stomach pain and debilitating fatigue . Like you said, lately it's been worse with ovulation. I started back on my stomach medication yesterday and I took some again today and it has taken the edge off of my stomach symptoms. I will continue to take them and try to keep a diary of my symptoms. I think this will help when they flare up so I can look back and realize that I have felt this way before so my anxiety won't take over.

• Edited

Keeping a dairy and dates of each symptoms really helps, ive been doing mine since 2017, it does bring a some relief as you can read all that you have been going through with this perimenopause, my symptoms seem to be getting worse this year, i have missed 4periods this year. My anxiety and stomach issues are the worse.

Last year i missed 6 periods and i was fine. Nearly no symptoms.

• Edited

Ive been having pain around my right ovary region, its like a burning pain, i also get nausea, anxiety, bloated, had ultrasound last friday and my doctor says my ovary is fine, liver, kidney and gallbladder is fine too. Im putting it down to peri symptoms as ive missed 3 periods so far. Oh and the headache can be very bad too.

• Edited

Yeah, I think the human mind always resorts to thinking "the worst case scenario." Every time I go to the doctor, all things check out okay for me too. I have been putting things down to being peri-related or anxiety-related due to the stress of all these hormonal changes. It's such an unsettling thing when you look back at how carefree you used to be and now you have to go through all of these things. It's always something. There never seems to be a break where you can say, "oh thank goodness I didn't feel bad today." Even if I do have a somewhat easy day, and that's a big if, then I am too busy with the drama in my life to notice that there were no symptoms that day. But I should be grateful because there's always someone worse off than me. Have a blessed day! 😊

• Posted

you shouldn’t have to feel better because somebody feels worse. That’s not cool. What about those people?

• Edited

I didn't mean it like that. I think you misinterpreted what I was saying. I meant that I shouldn't complain about how bad I'm having it when there are others who are worse off. I don't feel better when they are hurting. That wouldn't be cool especially since that is not my personality at all. I'm sorry if there was anything in what I said that may have come across offensive.

• Edited

I understand completely what you mean, there are people out there with worse symptoms and medical conditions than what we are going thru.

My friend had a really bad menopause plus she is asthmatic. Thank God she finish with this and has her life back.

• Posted

That is the day I have been looking forward to and that is getting my life back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.