Ow ow ow (graphic)

Posted , 2 users are following.

I only see my boyfriend once a month. he was home for three days so we did it, alot... after the third time I felt a little raw down there after we stopped. the next time we went to do it, it hurt a little but i thought that i just wasnt wet enough or that i was a little sore from the last time, so we continued and the pain went away the more wet i got. The next morning we did it again but this time it burned and i knew something was wrong. It was swollen the remainder of the day and the next day i noticed what i thought were sores, as you can see in the picture. i went straight to urgent care and had it swabbed for herpes, the doctor told me he would give me an anti-viral medication just in case but that it didnt look or seem like herpes, and that i should see my obgyn. So i am going to see my doctor tomorrow and am still waiting on my test results for the herpes, but I am mostly healed up so i am nervous it might be looked over.. it itches a lot now that its healing, the swelling hurt, and it burns when i pee... also the only thing that seems to sooth it is yeast infection cream and water... its only been 4 days and its healed a lot from these pictures, so i dont know if the yeast medicine, the anti-viral, or just time is healing it.... Does anyone have any input or have anything similar? ! imageimage

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi...sorry for late reply. Firstly dont worry. What you have is soreness and tearing. the white bits are where the skin is healing and you may notice that in a few weeks you still have little white marks. if the tear is very deep then this will be a mark from where its healed...sort of like a scar. the best thing is to leave it alone. dont touch. wash with water but dont scrub. i cant emphasis enough to leave it alone. dont rub. dont keep touching down there to look. im not a Dr but im 42, had two kids naturally and think that you have nothin to worry about. the trouble is the sorer it is the more you think about it then the more you look just so you can have a little check, then you are touchin it again and pulling the skin theres so many nerves down there it is very sensitive. it may take 2 weeks or more to heal. just please dont touch. and as for anything else with your boyfriend well leave it well alone until you are healed. if not then it wont heal. take care xx

• Posted

thank you so much! this made me feel a lot better

• Posted

How are you getting on? i know its hard not to keep looking and touching and it feels like it will never heal but it will. Take care Andrea

• Posted

So I actually tested postive for hsv-1.. I was only in pain about 2 days, symptoms cleared in less than a week. I'm upset, but i know ill get over it. The only thing i'm really scared about is talking to my partner.. I appreciate your feedback and following up on me!

• Posted

Hi there. Hope all is well. As far as the hpv1 virus isnt that the common cold sore virus just in a different area? I think lot of people have it and never know and i know i keep saying im not a Dr but theres a lot more things to be worrying about than that. Honestly. This may not help you much but think of all those kids running around with cold sores. They have the hpv1 virus. Its like the wart virus. Once you have it you have it but it may never reoccur. You only know you have it as you had a blood test. Well dont be upset as its really nothing to be upset about. By now you will have probably told your partner. If you are quite young and he has been mean or whatever then trust me there will be a better man come along. If however he is underrstanding then all is good. xx

• Posted

Sorry for late response. Thank you so much for your response, yes it is just the cold sore virus but I just so happened to get it down south.. its only been a few weeks and now that I feel like I know everything there is to know about genital HSV-1 I am very relieved! Of course it sucks to have herpes at all, but I now understand its no big deal and im in the same boat as 80% of adults in my country. Reading replies like yours has helped me so much in understanding this. Thank you for taking the time!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.