Own Voice Sounds Distorted

Posted , 1 user is following.

I sufferd from severe Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss at the end of last year and after high dose oral steroids and intratympamic steroid injections, regained some hearing to the point of being able to manage with bilateral hearing aids, instead of chochlea implants. Life was good again for 2 months and the hearing aids worked well. Over the past 3 weeks though, My own voice has started sounding distorted and electronic to me. I can still hear external sounds with my hearing aids the same, it's just the sound of my own voice. Went back to ENT and his only suggestion was Republished Hydrops and he has started me on Betahistine as a trial. I'm not convinced. Does anyone have any other suggestions??

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

That was meant to be Endolymphatic Hydrops.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.