Ox bile after Gallbladder removed

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed 4 months ago prior to that I had severe Gerd and Gerd went away for a short time then back bad nothing seems to work no matter what I eat. Tried PPI not working is anybody tried Ox Bile?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. Plz keep me updated. I had gerd or reflux not sure which and I had mine removed a month ago and it’s back. I saw the GI dr and I have a scope done in Thursday. I pray it’s nothing serious but from the research I’ve done I need to change my diet big time. 
    • Posted

Hi Ashley

Just go slow on eating fats! Eat vegetables and fruit lean meats! See how it goes! Are you taking and medicine for the Gerd!

• Posted

I am taking meds and I have that scop on Thursday. I’m rating it doesn’t find anything bad. And only gerd or reflux.  But I’ll try that. Ty. 
  • Posted

Hi Karen, Im still with my GB but have recently just started suffering with reflux AGAIN.  I do not understand why I had it but it left me with a bad cough which has now gone through having honey at night but I do believe something is not right as I keep getting like a flem in the back of the throat, I am just taking it that it is part of the GB attack I have had recently.  My tonsils were inflamed as well but Dr says nothing to worry about?
    • Posted

Hi Julian

Yes I think  acid reflux can be from the GB and digestion! You might try enzymes and eating beets! I think  For me it started in the liver and I don’t have enough bile to digest fats! I tried everything now on special diet! Beets are good. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.