Ox bile and Bile salts.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is anyone taking Ox bile and bile salts that haven’t had their gall bladder removed. If you are, have you experienced diarrhoea? 🤔

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Just reading up about it...in the first few description lines it says that if taking excesive amount it cause diarrhea... so lower your dose and see if it changes anything....

Do tou have gb issue?

• Posted

I’m taking the amount it tells me to take, with both the Ox bile and Bile salts. I started them 2 days ago, the first day, I had some flatulence, the second day, a lot more flatulence, a couple of bowel movements, then later at night diarrhoea, my stomach feels like it’s full of gas. I’ve been having issues with pain in my upper right quadrant, I also have chronic Gastritis, so I thought I would try these to help me digest my foods better. Most people that take them have had their gall bladder removed, I’m interested to see if anyone has had diarrhoea from taking them that hasn’t had their gall bladder removed. Yes, I read that as well, “If you take too much, it can cause diarrhoea “. Maybe I don’t need to supplement with Ox bile or bile salts, they say that if you suffer from severe heartburn, it’s likely that your not producing enough bile. I’ve had heartburn for 20 years. 
  • Posted

I am taking 1 before each meal. I have not had any problems. Maybe you’re taking too much. I’m taking it because I have a bile restriction as evidenced by light coloured stool.  It has helped while I go through medical tests to try to figure out why my own bile is not coming through.
    • Posted

Mines say to take 3 capsules a day. I’ve had light coloured stools as well. I’m currently waiting on seeing a gastroenterologist, but I thought I’d try the Ox bile and bile salts in the meantime. 
  • Posted

The bottle I have is from Trophic and it’s called Digest-Aid  Bile Salts. It contains 100 mg of bile salts from ox bile as well as 10mg of lipase, 10 mg of bromelain, 10 mg of chamomile, 10mg of charcoal and 10 mg of goldenseal per tablet. It has helped my colon a lot as I now have bile, which helps with peristalsis but I still hv pain in my right rib cage. I think I hv a stone stuck but so far everything comes back normal.
    • Posted

Maybe you have a stone in your bile duct 🤔. You wouldn’t see this with an ultrasound. 

• Posted

I've had a CT, ultrasound, bloodwork. Everything comes back normal. I'm waiting for a hyda scan and a gastroenterologist referral. Its so frustrating as I'm now having reflux and other digestive problems besides the pressure in my side. Our medical system is very slow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.